Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 5 : Pre Game thread - Port Adelaide V Carlton (Read 22754 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 5 : Pre Game thread - Port Adelaide V Carlton

Reply #30
Cripps and Weitering both need a rest.
Weitering has spent a fair bit of time on the sidelines this season due to knocks in games.
We don't know for sure because we're not him, but at times last week his body language suggested he'd just about had enough of the constant battering.
He looks like a player not enjoying his football. His confidence appears to be down and where last season he'd approach the ball with a surety and back himself this year he appears to be tentative.
Give him a week or two off and he may show the benefits of that in the second half of the season.
On balance I'm not sure the forward experiment is giving us the benefit we lose by having him not playing down back. Are we that much better with him as our key forward target?

Difficult question to answer, but you could argue that if Weitering went back, the one out would be Macreadie, and then we would be looking for a key forward instead.

So, on current form, we are ahead, because Weitering is doing a fairly decent job forward, and the alternatives to him there would be Jones, Jaksch, or even Rowe.  We saw what happened against GC when Rowe went forward.

Macreadie has been an absolute steal at this point and is playing some really good footy for us for a newbie.  I dont know how he hasnt gotten a few more plaudits from the commentators for it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #31
Difficult question to answer, but you could argue that if Weitering went back, the one out would be Macreadie, and then we would be looking for a key forward instead.

So, on current form, we are ahead, because Weitering is doing a fairly decent job forward, and the alternatives to him there would be Jones, Jaksch, or even Rowe.  We saw what happened against GC when Rowe went forward.

Macreadie has been an absolute steal at this point and is playing some really good footy for us for a newbie. I dont know how he hasnt gotten a few more plaudits from the commentators for it.

Because he plays for Carlton! :o ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #32
Hearing Polson a definite in this week BUT
 Crippa Kruez and Weiters struggling to be fit  for this week.

If you're going to use people's material at least acknowledge the source.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #33
Macreadie and Williamson both look like excellent late picks - maybe add Polson to that list this week. Really like the look of our recruiting of late.

I wonder if our ex-GWS gambling recruiter contributed to our drafting this year (off the books) whilst suspended. He would have known he's walking into the Carlton job this year so it seems likely. And as long as he does it informally and is not paid for it I can't imagine it being a problem. He'd have known a lot about Macreadie who joined the GWS academy post SOS.

Reply #34
Given that we are in a development year and not being defined by wins and losses, our youngsters will have their workloads carefully monitored.

Reply #35

He doesn't have to
It's an internet fan footy  forum FFS

Reply #36
He doesn't have to
It's an internet fan footy  forum FFS

Whatever.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #37

Some bloke at work  :o
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #39
Looks like Polson and Phillips in for Kreuzer and Thomas, who are both sore.

https://twitter.com/MaccaHeraldSun?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://www.zerohanger.com/just-bolton-rules-two-key-blues-power-clash-11499/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=AFL+Trade+Rumours
All the Thomas haters have got their wish. Congratulations to Polson wonderful news ,give it your best shot . Kreuzer is out unfortunately ,Phillips back in ,I am sure he will be adequate as a ruckman but is  he fit enough .I suppose  we have no choice as  Gorringe also injured. 

Reply #40
At the moment Port's ruck stocks are not high, but Trengove has got a ot of the ball as another on-baller. We must make sure that does not happen.
Phillips was OK last week, but not at his best. I hope he has the stamina to go against Port.
Otherwise we are down to Casboult and Rowe. That is a frightening thought.

Congratulations to Polson for getting his chance to impress.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #41
At the moment Port's ruck stocks are not high, but Trengove has got a ot of the ball as another on-baller. We must make sure that does not happen.
Phillips was OK last week, but not at his best. I hope he has the stamina to go against Port.
Otherwise we are down to Casboult and Rowe. That is a frightening thought.

Congratulations to Polson for getting his chance to impress.

Ryder's suspension is done, he should be clear to return this week.

He had 48 hit outs against Sam Jacobs in Rnd 3, not that Hit Outs really mean much, but that is a fair performance against a non-spud ruckmen! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Kreuzer is a big out, he normally tears it up against PA.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #43
All the Thomas haters have got their wish. Congratulations to Polson wonderful news ,give it your best shot . Kreuzer is out unfortunately ,Phillips back in ,I am sure he will be adequate as a ruckman but is  he fit enough .I suppose  we have no choice as  Gorringe also injured.

I don't think anyone hates Daisy. He's well liked and doing his best, just that, sadly, his best doesn't seem to be any better than an honest average these days.

Glad Crippa has come up.

Ripper that young Polson gets his initiation.

Hopefully 'Flip' can take a leaf out of the Tractor's book re second, third, fourth efforts...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
we've certainly got some real speed on the park with SPS, Pickett, Polson, Williamson.

I reckon Pickett will have a break out game soon and kick 5 or so. hopefully tomorrow.

A very winnable game, even without Special K.
Finals, then 4 in a row!