Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 82511 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #166
Smith and Warner have both stood down for the remainder of the Test
Tim Paine is captain

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/03/25/08/26/steve-smith-refuses-to-stand-down-after-admitting-ball-tampering-involvement

Hopefully they don't make it back into leadership group
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #167
"Leadership - the action of leading a group of people or an organisation, or the ability to do this."

It sounds so mechanical, yet it is so much more. Having people follow you about is like having people trailing behind you, this is how the 'former' leadership ran the place. I didn't see a lot of empowerment happening, no nurturing but more entitlement with bravado.

Reply #168
I find the reactions interesting. If we do ban Smith, Warner, Bancroft, Lyon and Hazlewood, then if we don't win a single Test match for the next 5 years, how is that helping? Test cricket is already on its knees

Reply #169
i dont follow cricket much, but smith was compared to the lofty acheivements of bradman.

- More cameras than tokyo airport.
- coach knew, sent the 12th man out to hide evidence
- Suspicions bancroft did this in england. (sugar in his pocket)

a personal legacy destroyed in 24 hours. A national embarrassment of the worst imaginable kind.

There's no way back for smith. He should take the bullet for the team, take a year out, and come back.
If He keeps playing, it'll never go away.
If the coach knew and condoned it, he needs to be sacked ASAP.

This is a carnage

Reply #170
It's a simple choice - do we want the beautiful character building game of cricket that we all grew up loving and respecting or do we want a mercenary, unethical, money-oriented, mean-spririted dogfight of a contest at the game's highest level? Make your own call.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #171
I don't like any of what has played out in S.A., but I find the calls to hang Smith from the yard arm a bit much when Faf blatantly cheated on the last tour and didn't even score a suspension.

Pretty clear to me that the abuse they have copped has gotten too much and Smith et al. have snapped.   Chuck in a serial recidivist in Rabada getting off a serious charge when he admitted guilt... yep, they've had a gutful.

And  Mr Pissweak himself - Sutherland - will now roll over to the ICC and rub out our two best player.  Meanwhile the BCCI and SAB are rubbing themselves with glee, notwithstanding their bodgy pitches, awful behaviour of their crowds , captains and players.... what's the one about glasshouses?

As for Herschelle Gibbs... fancy that clown getting on social media.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #173
I don't like any of what has played out in S.A., but I find the calls to hang Smith from the yard arm a bit much when Faf blatantly cheated on the last tour and didn't even score a suspension.

Pretty clear to me that the abuse they have copped has gotten too much and Smith et al. have snapped.   Chuck in a serial recidivist in Rabada getting off a serious charge when he admitted guilt... yep, they've had a gutful.

And  Mr Pissweak himself - Sutherland - will now roll over to the ICC and rub out our two best player.  Meanwhile the BCCI and SAB are rubbing themselves with glee, notwithstanding their bodgy pitches, awful behaviour of their crowds , captains and players.... what's the one about glasshouses?

As for Herschelle Gibbs... fancy that clown getting on social media.

Agree with this 100%

Reply #174
Smith Warner and Lehman will all get sacked.
I don’t expect any of them will be there for the last test.
Lehman has bred this culture and must be held accountable.
Renshaw and Burns will play next test.
When people ask why warner should have been sanctioned for his actions earlier on the tour, you now have your answer.
Same as Rabada. You need to be strong with that type of behaviour or you end up with this kind of garbage.
Same reason Harbajan should never have got away with his garbage and Sachin should have been hauled over the coals for lying.
If the administrators don’t stamp it out early it festers.

Agree...its all got out of hand and it does go back to the leaders and coach......Bancroft is probably one of the dumbest cricketers I have seen and I tend to
feel sorry for a young cricketer being led astray by the team leadership.
Warner has been under the pump on and off the field all series and has probably had enough of test cricket, the Saffies have had the last laugh on him
and he has wilted under the pressure of the taunting  and having Rabada in his face every time he knocks him over.
Smith looks like a school kid playing adults cricket and has lost the plot and Lehman's efforts to cover up demand he be sacked.....

Its dirty laundry and it needs throwing out not washing, the Saffies have had plenty of their own this series but have won the battle of mental disintegration helped by a pathetic ICC
that continue to buckle under pressure ie Rabada getting off.
Its a hostile South Africa both on and off the field and I'm not sure what was going through our players heads thinking they wouldnt be caught with the media, fans, ICC and saffie officials watching everything after all the carry on this series...its comical from our blokes..sadly.

Reply #175
Cleaned up for 107. They looked very flat today, essentially we lost 10 for 60.

Reply #176
This is the end result of the AFL not going hard enough on EFC.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #177

The ironic part is the TV deal is currently being negotiated, and these blokes took a stand last winter saying they deserve more $$$ and more say in how the game runs.
We now know they are not qualified/honest enough to run a chook raffle.
I think there are some great lessons here about professional sports people being so shut off from the real world.

I think any of us that have played sport can agree that you get wound up in the contest and want desperately to win, but these guys live their entire life like that, with very little external influence except for WAGS that are so drunk on the lifestyle they would do nothing but praise their partner for his "commitment".

The management of the team needs statesman of the game to oversee the team.
Clearly Lehman was either implicit or has lost the control of his senior players. Either way he is not the man for the job
Someone like Gilchrist should be in and around the team, but they need to sit back and not get involved unless they see that the playing group is starting to lose touch with public expectations.

The moment the Rabada appeal was upheld, there was always going to be issues. You would have thought, the CEO of Cricket Australia would have been prepared.
James Sutherland and Pat Howard both were sitting on their asses back in Australia. Both should lose their jobs.

Reply #178
James Sutherland and Pat Howard both were sitting on their asses back in Australia. Both should lose their jobs.

Should replace them with a couple of NSWelshman, eh? ;)

It's a growing trend in all world sports, too much money, reward for winning at any cost, not enough morality.

The marketing people will be sitting back and thinking, "Great, the anti-cheating dollar, that 's a big market!" :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #179
Sport - the new reality tv! Smith thrown out of the house?
Reality always wins in the end.