Skip to main content
Topic: Winx (Read 22945 times) previous topic - next topic

Winx

Firstly I know SFA about horse racing but I think the great mare Winx deserves a special mention after winning Cox Plate no 4 and 29 wins straight.
I don't know what it is about horse racing but the very special ones get me all emotional when I watch them do their thing. Winx, Black Caviar, Makybe Diva and Kingston Town are the ones that bring a tear to my eye, not sure why. I don't know if anyone watched the race yesterday but at around 100m to go, when she the field well and truly beat, she turned her side ways (ala Usain Bolt) and looked at the crowd as if to say "I'm the best". What an amazing athlete and at $22,934,924 in prize money, she is no 2 in the world all time (only by a million or two), not bad for a $230,000 investment.
Bravo (or rather Brava) Winx.

Always gamble responsibly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Winx

Reply #1
Yes.

Just a brilliant racehorse.

She seems to do it so easily. Halfway through yesterdays race I could see she had it won.

I love watching champions like that.

Always gamble responsibly.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #2
Yep, the always seem to be doing it in 2nd gear, like when The Hyphen stitched up Brereton in the GF!

Agree about the races fate, Bowman had the brakes on until the very latest moment and she ran around them, she took the long way home and never looked like losing. Despite what the media want to paint the opposition were not all duds!

They looked like Brereton, stunned, frantic and powerless to do anything about it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
An amazing horse!

I think it was her previous start where she was at the tail of the field with not much to go and she switched on the afterburners and went past them like they were running in custard.

I wonder if she’ll run again?  Thirty wins would be an unbelievable record but she really has nothing more to prove.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
An amazing horse!

I think it was her previous start where she was at the tail of the field with not much to go and she switched on the afterburners and went past them like they were running in custard.

I wonder if she’ll run again?  Thirty wins would be an unbelievable record but she really has nothing more to prove.
She is truly amazing but she has a great team around her. She is managed to perfection. It just goes to show the importance of preparation of athletes, she is managed and prepared to the minute.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #5
Horse Racing is Fixed and about as honest as a Vladimir Putin promise.......trainers/jockeys bent as a P trap. Mug punters just get taken week after week.....

Reply #6
Horse Racing is Fixed and about as honest as a Vladimir Putin promise.......trainers/jockeys bent as a P trap. Mug punters just get taken week after week.....
So is cycling, but then Cadel Evans wins clean.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #7
So is cycling, but then Cadel Evans wins clean.

Cadel didnt have a jockey on his back and his urine probably didnt come out red/brown when he aimed at the little bottle either...

We have had family involved in horse racing...its bent and dangerous if you dont do as you are told...

Reply #8
An amazing horse!

I reckon she runs, if she's still keen to run, in the Autumn, if  then retires as breeding season isn't until September.

Probably the only thing that tops the 4 consecutive Cox Plates in Australia is the 3 Melbourne Cups Makybe Diva won in a row. That can't be topped.

Reply #9
An amazing horse!

That was an amazing run.
Incredible sectionals

Reply #10
Been lucky this century to see 3 amazing horses, Winx, Black Caviar and Makybe Diva, all as good as each other. All great at different distances too.

Reply #11
Been lucky this century to see 3 amazing horses, Winx, Black Caviar and Makybe Diva, all as good as each other. All great at different distances too.

It seems that there's consideration being given to running Winx in the 2019 Melbourne Cup  :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
It seems that there's consideration being given to running Winx in the 2019 Melbourne Cup  :o

Surely they are not serious!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13

That would kill a winning streak. Not sure it would run the distance plus the weight would be enormous. Only times she's been beaten is when she's run beyond 2200m, albeit alot of races ago. She'll be on the breeding barn by then.

Macquaries Sports Radio are hearing the Queen Elizabeth Stakes in thd Autumn in Sydney is going to be her last race.

Reply #14
That would be just dumb ... and bloody selfish