Skip to main content
Topic: Victorian State Election (Read 33524 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Victorian State Election

Reply #15
No...but I see the similarities..... ;) hopefully Cormann wont be back next election.....you see him in question time and he is a master deflector, answers nothing and has this smirk on his face the whole time.
None of them are any good, Shorten wants to steal my franking credits just as I am about to retire, the Greens just annoy me and Pauline has teamed up with Mark Latham???..
Think the animal welfare party might be my only option......

Share your concerns EB. Shorten always reminds me of the classic serpent - maybe it's those shifty eyes!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Share your concerns EB. Shorten always reminds me of the classic serpent - maybe it's those shifty eyes!

Shorten is clueless, just going to send more self funded retiree's to the pension or sending their money overseas to invest, while the real tax cheats at the top of the tree continue to
prosper.

Reply #17
Shorten is clueless, just going to send more self funded retiree's to the pension or sending their money overseas to invest, while the real tax cheats at the top of the tree continue to
prosper.

More and more people now qualifying for the pension. I know a couple who retired a few years ago with what I thought was a LOT of money. Don't know what they've been doing but they recently confided in me that they are now getting a part pension. I retired with a lump sum super a number of years ago and I know it has been a stressful task looking after it and trying to get a decent return to live on.

Reply #18

No secret to Andrews success... he said he was going to do a few things and FMD, he's actually doing what he said  :o :o :o
Even spending $1.2 Billion not building a road. Top Bloke.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
100%, but the other peanut shouldn't have signed the contract 3 months from an election. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
100%, but the other peanut shouldn't have signed the contract 3 months from an election.
Dunno about that. I personally don't understand how we the public should decide on whether a road, school or hospital should be built. How they feck would I know? Infrastructure Groups do the studies, make the recommendations and governments (irrespective of which party is in power) should just feckin well get on with it. I'll bet my balls that road will eventually get built.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
Dunno about that. I personally don't understand how we the public should decide on whether a road, school or hospital should be built. How they feck would I know? Infrastructure Groups do the studies, make the recommendations and governments (irrespective of which party is in power) should just feckin well get on with it. I'll bet my balls that road will eventually get built.

Without doubt. Andrews at the time though had other bigger priorities with other constituencies - pure politics. They are at least getting on now with the NE Link, which is good for my neck of the woods.

Reply #22
I worked in the department that included planning when Matthew Guy was planning minister and it would be disrespectful to sh1thouse rats to say that he was as shifty as those creatures.

He was always going to struggle as leader and particularly with Kroger as a millstone around his neck.

It’s a pity that John Pesutto lost his seat.  He is positively statesmanlike in comparison.

He's winning again, at least for now. Obviously by a wafer thin margin.

Reply #23
No...but I see the similarities..... ;) hopefully Cormann wont be back next election.....you see him in question time and he is a master deflector, answers nothing and has this smirk on his face the whole time.
None of them are any good, Shorten wants to steal my franking credits just as I am about to retire, the Greens just annoy me and Pauline has teamed up with Mark Latham???..
Think the animal welfare party might be my only option......

If you're hitting pension age, getting a full or part pension, or pensioner who is currently a recipient from a self-managed superannuation fund you're exempt from losing your franking credits.

https://www.afr.com/news/labor-spares-300000-pensioners-in-33b-policy-backdown-20180325-h0xy8t

Reply #24
I worked in the department that included planning when Matthew Guy was planning minister and it would be disrespectful to sh1thouse rats to say that he was as shifty as those creatures.

He was always going to struggle as leader and particularly with Kroger as a millstone around his neck.

It’s a pity that John Pesutto lost his seat.  He is positively statesmanlike in comparison.

1. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. When he came out with that comment after the murder of Sisto from Pellegrini's, 'that it wouldn't have happened if his govt was in office'. Such crass and vulgar opportunism told me much about the bloke.

2. Kroger has been a LNP millstone for at least a decade. Well said.

3. Spot on re John Pesutto, what a class act.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25
I understand that NE link will please a lot of people and help ease congestion but I've got drill rigs 50 metres from my front gate and we're going to have a vent shaft 150 metres from here.   The NE link is ducked for this area, has killed house prices and continues the theme of no government wanting to spend a cent in this area except to offer people fron outlying suburbs easier transit through it.  

Consultation,  what's that? Any meaningful say in the matter.... You've gotta be joking.   Somebody always "pays the rent" and it ain't the people who are going to be using it.

Reply #26
I understand that NE link will please a lot of people and help ease congestion but I've got drill rigs 50 metres from my front gate and we're going to have a vent shaft 150 metres from here.  The NE link is ducked for this area, has killed house prices and continues the theme of no government wanting to spend a cent in this area except to offer people fron outlying suburbs easier transit through it.  

Consultation,  what's that? Any meaningful say in the matter.... You've gotta be joking.   Somebody always "pays the rent" and it ain't the people who are going to be using it.

Holy cr@p, PROFESORES, that is just fkn wrong. You must have some recourse.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
It's crown land and they have  had up to 11 rigs doing geotechnical work along the proposed route.   It's actually been well supervised, with truck movements monitored and noise restrictions etc. The lay down for the Hurstbridge track duplication was way worse,  pack of cowboys. Truckers were flogs.

The best route remains through Eltham, but the NIMBYs in that area can afford lawyers,  people in MacLeod, Watsonia and Rosanna can't.  It's gonna happen,  fact of life.

Reply #28

But when does state govt suddenly stop on the fear they have no right to sign a contract.

Napthine was correct and Andrews even agreed that contracts should be honoured... until he changed his mind for the sake of expediency.  When it is built (and it will be) it'll cost a lot more

Reply #29
If you're hitting pension age, getting a full or part pension, or pensioner who is currently a recipient from a self-managed superannuation fund you're exempt from losing your franking credits.

https://www.afr.com/news/labor-spares-300000-pensioners-in-33b-policy-backdown-20180325-h0xy8t

Dont qualify under any of the above Jim, still too young ;)....like Cookie I will be taking my lump sum and looking after it myself and part of that will be adding to equities I have already invested in and I dont need Bill Shorten stealing my franking credits. I wont be applying for pensions or creating any drain on the public system so I expect/expected the Government of the day to look after me....go and chase Gina Rinehart or Kerry Packers kid James if you want some extra tax and leave self funded retiree's alone.
Hopefully it wont get through the senate....... >:(