[ 1 ] (16.7%)
Mundine - Still the Man!
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 01, 2018, 01:51:33 pm

Topic: Horn or Mundine (Read 19166 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Horn or Mundine

Reply #30
In the end I never got to see this fight, I was running late to get to the pub and it was over by the time I walked in!

From the highlights I've seen Mundine didn't even throw a serious punch, that is bullcrap for the money they get paid!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
In the end I never got to see this fight, I was running late to get to the pub and it was over by the time I walked in!

From the highlights I've seen Mundine didn't even throw a serious punch, that is bullcrap for the money they get paid!

Correct LP...Mundine never really threw a punch and was very un Mundine like, heavy in the feet and didnt get the hands up
and was a sparring partner for Horn at best.....Horn threw the only punches and managed to connect but he lacks a bit of sophistication
IMO to go further in boxing...think he got lucky fighting the Pacman who let Horn maul and brawl him and also showed his age...
Horn probably needs a ex pug like Mundine to school him and teach him that raw punching power will only get you so far and that there is always someone with
more power than you and you cant knock everyone out and you have to beat some boxers with technique alone...

Reply #32
Heard today that Mundine made 38 million over his career.  Running off at the mouth paid a few bills.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
Heard today that Mundine made 38 million over his career.  Running off at the mouth paid a few bills.

I suspect it's just a little too late for me to change my ways  ...

I used to be a regular at TV Ringside (the first date I ever took Ms DJC ... and I had to crank start the MG afterwards!) but I no longer have the same interest in boxing.  However, anyone who steps into the boxing ring deserves a decent payout and good luck to Mundine if he made $38M.

I heard a bloke take Jon Faine to task on the wireless today.  His comment was along the line that you play footy, hockey or cricket but you don't play boxing.  
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
Used to be an avid boxing fan and I well remember getting up in the early hours to watch fights such as Clay v. Liston etc. They would be hot topics of conversation afterwards and sort of linked into some of the momentous social developments of those years. Could not give a stuff about it these days though and certainly never watch any of it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
Correct LP...Mundine never really threw a punch and was very un Mundine like, heavy in the feet and didnt get the hands up....

Cooked before he stepped in EB1!

I'm glad I stayed home and didn't spend all that time waiting for the main bout. It sounds like the undercard was rubbish, and a lot of venues and fans were very unhappy with the event. Some local publicans are in the media today saying they are done paying the thousands of dollars in fees to broadcast Australian fights. Normally at my local they won't let you in that late because they close at 12pm, but by the time the fight started most people had left and a mate sent me a txt to come and watch it as the pub had opened it's doors, further it was offering punters who had actually paid to watch it free drinks. The problem wasn't the late start, the problem was the undercard was rubbish!

When you're organizing the big dance you have to provide plenty of quality dance cards or the fans are going to be very unhappy.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Never been a fan of Anthony Mundine but he has been a highly skilled boxer and it was sad to see him have to rock up to a fight clearly under equipped and end up on the canvas in the 2nd round. At age 45 he had no hope vs a bloke who had beat Jeff Horn easily who had himself dined out on Mundine in a previous fight.
This fight should not have been allowed to go ahead and Mundine should never have been granted a license to fight especially vs someone with the ability of Zerafa, why not find another old famous Pug and they can dance around till they both get tired hitting fresh air. This was a slaughter and made the controversial sport of boxing look even worse.

Reply #38
But he da man

Reply #39
But he da man
He da old man....and shouldnt have been allowed to fight da young man
Other Boxing news: Sad to see Marvelous Marvin Hagler pass away, possibly the best middle weight boxer ever, tough gig being a pug and not many get to enjoy the money they make in their mid to late years.

Reply #40
Never been a fan of Anthony Mundine but he has been a highly skilled boxer and it was sad to see him have to rock up to a fight clearly under equipped and end up on the canvas in the 2nd round. At age 45 he had no hope vs a bloke who had beat Jeff Horn easily who had himself dined out on Mundine in a previous fight.
This fight should not have been allowed to go ahead and Mundine should never have been granted a license to fight especially vs someone with the ability of Zerafa, why not find another old famous Pug and they can dance around till they both get tired hitting fresh air. This was a slaughter and made the controversial sport of boxing look even worse.
Ahem, rnd 1. Just retire, he is embarrassing himself.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
National book signing tour GTC  :)

Reply #42
He da old man....and shouldnt have been allowed to fight da young man
Other Boxing news: Sad to see Marvelous Marvin Hagler pass away, possibly the best middle weight boxer ever, tough gig being a pug and not many get to enjoy the money they make in their mid to late years.

What a fighter he was, they don't make them like him anymore.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #43
What a fighter he was, they don't make them like him anymore.

Yep 7/8 years as the middleweight champ is the 2nd longest title hold ever and he did officially change his name to Marvelous Marvin Hagler, only 3 losses and he was one tough hombre.

Reply #44

Absolutely.  Allowing old boxers to fight is inexcusable, as are bouts between ageing ex-footballers.  It may be a nice little earner but at what cost in terms of health and wellbeing?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball