Skip to main content
Topic: KAYO (Read 17426 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: KAYO

Reply #30
Kayo is not too bad, it'd be better if it had Eurosport and a couple of the other channels like the full Foxtel package but it doesn't.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Anyone who's using an android box can install an app called livenet.tv

You have to sideload it (installed from web rather than playstore).

The price can't be beaten, and it works well enough but there's no catch up option which is fine.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Very interested to read all the reports, thanks all..

It's utterly galling that the sports fans are the users that are always ripped off !!  If you have no interest in sport, but love movies, TV series, Doccos......you can get your fix for less than $10 a month.....why are we made to pay hugely increased rates for watching our passion ?

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #33
@ Malo

We've had 3 on the licence and now into our 3rd month and it costs under $12 a month each. Had no issues

Reply #34
Anyone know when it will be available on Android TV?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #35
@ Malo

We've had 3 on the licence and now into our 3rd month and it costs under $12 a month each. Had no issues

I've got a basic plan @ $25 pm, still in the free trial period so no actual outlay yet. I'm not a fan of other sports tbh but I'm happy with that price just to watch footy, but I wish the glitch with the Telstra TV app (Roku) on replays could be fixed - no plans by Kayo at this stage to do that apparently?? (Wonder if there is about to be a technology change with Telstra TV?) I would have to watch replays via tablet or PC laptop (could connect to tv via HDMI) if necessary I guess.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
I couldn’t get the live coverage of Saturday’s game on my laptop but I could get it on my iPad.  I could get the replay (or “from the start”) on the laptop and I fast forwarded to catch up to the live coverage.  In fact, I went past the live coverage and the “replay” was actually about 30 seconds ahead of the live coverage  :o

How does that happen?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
I couldn’t get the live coverage of Saturday’s game on my laptop but I could get it on my iPad.  I could get the replay (or “from the start”) on the laptop and I fast forwarded to catch up to the live coverage.  In fact, I went past the live coverage and the “replay” was actually about 30 seconds ahead of the live coverage  :o

How does that happen?
It is probably because you got corrupt DNS settings on your laptop, you might have some software (often security software) that has hijacked your laptop and is routing data to you via a VPN or some other network. So Kayo thinks you are not where you are!

Sometimes it will be because your home router settings are corrupted, and that hardware needs a reboot. But if the iPad was working it's probably the laptop. Too many hibernations since the last reboot is a common problem.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
Or the "live" coverage is not really "live"?

Reply #39
 If it's being broadcast on CheatsTV the Kayo feed is usually a few seconds behind.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40

How does that happen?
Sometimes if you are streaming live and you have a dodgy connection it might pause for a second and continue. That way you don't get jumps in the game when it skips back over the paused parts.

If that happens quite a few times, it could put you 30 seconds behind.
If you know its paused on you a couple of times (and still saying 'live') a good trick is to go back 15 seconds and click 'live' It will take you up to 'actual live' rather than your 'pause-delayed live'.

Reply #41

I was watching the afl app on my iPad in Darwin on Saturday and as is often the case I was 30 seconds behind the live play that Roblues was watching on fox on the Sunshine Coast  !
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #42
I was watching the afl app on my iPad in Darwin on Saturday and as is often the case I was 30 seconds behind the live play that Roblues was watching on fox on the Sunshine Coast  !

I've noticed that too. Mate of mine has Foxtel and his stream is ahead of mine on Kayo, which is taking the Foxtel coverage.

Reply #43
I've noticed that too. Mate of mine has Foxtel and his stream is ahead of mine on Kayo, which is taking the Foxtel coverage.
There is a deliberate delay for Kayo, if you are worried about it you can pay the full price and get Foxtel.

It is impossible for Kayo to take the live HD feed from anyone, re-encode it using a proprietary algorithm, transmit and then have it decoded by the App at your end, and not introduce a delay.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
There is a deliberate delay for Kayo, if you are worried about it you can pay the full price and get Foxtel.

I can live with it. 😎