Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Round 1 - Blues v Hird's Old Crew (this Thursday, Princes Park) (Read 24897 times) previous topic - next topic

JLT Round 1 - Blues v Hird's Old Crew (this Thursday, Princes Park)

No doubt Crippa and Fish will come in. who else?

Fasolo? Special K???

If not Special K, surely Levi out and Lobbe or Phillips in?

Garlett given  a second chance?

Kick off 6.40pm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: JLT Round 1 - Blues v Hird's Old Crew (this Thursday, Princes Park)

Reply #1
No doubt Crippa and Fish will come in. who else?

Fasolo? Special K???

If not Special K, surely Levi out and Lobbe or Phillips in?

Garlett given a second chance?

Not sure if it true, I've heard that Phillips had a bit of a setback with his recovery, and SpecialK isn't progressing as well as hoped but even so given his history the club is going to keep him restrained to prevent self-harm! Not sure what is going on with Lobbe, we might be playing conservative with his 30 year old body as well, he is also a crazy trainer.

I think Garlett is exactly what we need if he is in form, now that Pickett is injured I think we should persist. We need some medium sized players with X-Factor that can leverage opportunities created when opposition focus on guys like Fisher, Dow or Walsh.

I'd keep Fasolo under wraps for the short term, even if he seems right to go! The club needs to find a game that lets him step in and have instant success, it'll boost his confidence and he'll be on a roll. I think I'd play him against the Dogs Rnd 5, with injuries they look to have no suitable match up at the moment.

I like clubs to use older guys wisely, you don't swap a kid with a kid, you swap a kid for an older wiser type. Let the kids run wild for a few games, and when they get tired and the players around them get frustrated give an old head a run instead, it gives the kids a taste and then having the old head in the team you get a ready-made who actually does his job and it gives the players that were around the kid a break from being nursemaids and nannies. This way you can get the best out of all players.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Murphy could be joined out on the playing field soon by his long-time teammate Matthew Kreuzer, who has made significant strides in his comeback from a knee injury.

After undergoing surgery back in January, Russell said the ruckman was on schedule to return prior to the season opener.

“‘Kreuz’ is training really well. He did the full skills session [on Monday],” he said.

“He’s just getting a few weeks of good training in and we expect him to be available certainly by Round 1. He’s looking good to play before then.”

Another player in a similar boat to Kreuzer is new recruit Alex Fasolo.

Russell forecasted that the goal-sneak could also get some minutes in before the home-and-away season, largely thanks to the commitment to his rehabilitation.

“Alex Fasolo’s arm is settling down really well. He has been doing skills training for the last week, no contact, and did a full skills session yesterday,” he said.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #4
“‘Kreuz’ is training really well. He did the full skills session [on Monday],” he said.

What do you think that means, "Full Skills Session" relative to something like "Full Training" or similar?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
What do you think that means, "Full Skills Session" relative to something like "Full Training" or similar?

No contact....certainly no tackling.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
I wouldn’t rush Matthew Kreuzer, he’s an important piece of the puzzle,   should be played only if ready.
Lobbe or Phillips are fine Ruck men and Andrew can take a nice mark and good kick too.

Reply #7
I wouldn’t rush Matthew Kreuzer, he’s an important piece of the puzzle,   should be played only if ready.
Lobbe or Phillips are fine Ruck men and Andrew can take a nice mark and good kick too.

Agree....be interested to see if Essendon take it seriously or send out some half ar$ed team of kids/newbies, I wouldnt be playing Krezuer till the following game and then
only for half a game....

Reply #8
Agree....be interested to see if Essendon take it seriously or send out some half ar$ed team of kids/newbies, I wouldnt be playing Krezuer till the following game and then
only for half a game....

If he's ready, he's ready.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9

I think that's right FB.  Kreuzer seems to be able to produce near to his best with minimal training or preparation and Kreuzer at half rat power is better than the alternatives.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
I think it's self evident from Russell's spiel that the K man won't play this week...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
x2. Eyes on the prize, we need him fit and with a few games under his belt rnd 1.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
x2. Eyes on the prize, we need him fit and with a few games under his belt rnd 1.

Spot on. i reckon he'll play JLT2 - maybe a half or 3 quarters, then in a scratchy before Rd 1....noting JLT 2 for us not till March 11.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
Not sure where he is at injury wise, but Fasolo usually goes well against CheatsFC, by goal average and games they are his preferred opponent!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
I assume the teams will be named tonight?

Looking fwd to this game.  Nothing riding on it, but I'd like to get a proper look at Samo & Walsh, the highlights from the praccy game were a bit crappy quality, and they were our best 2 apparently, and 2 blokes who's improvement will help us heaps.

Also keen to get a look at Weiters, Setters, the Gov, and all the rest.