Skip to main content
Topic: Harf, AFLW Senior Coach of the Year (Read 3534 times) previous topic - next topic

Harf, AFLW Senior Coach of the Year

Voted by the AFLCA, Harf has been named the AFLW Senior Coach of the Year. Bloody ripper. Couldn't go to a more deserving, competent and damn terrific bloke.

I recall when Harf joined us during the 'dark years' (when will they end!) and at an open day watched him with the kids & parents. His ability to connect and communicate with them all regardless of age was authentic and just great. You knew then that this was a quality person and very, very smart... and superior coach material.

Congrats Harf, richly deserved.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Harf, AFLW Senior Coach of the Year

Reply #1
You can see the improvement as the season went on.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
Congratulations to Harf.
That's a fantastic accolade to receive.
Taking a team from the last rung to the GF is outstanding. A real credit the way he's managed to quickly forge trusting relationships with the girls, and get the best out of their individual and team performance.

Take a bow Harf.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
Congratulations to Harf.
That's a fantastic accolade to receive.
Taking a team from the last rung to the GF is outstanding. A real credit the way he's managed to quickly forge trusting relationships with the girls, and get the best out of their individual and team performance.

Take a bow Harf.

Agree 100%. Hopefully the girls can cause a boil over in the GF.

Reply #4
Agree 100%. Hopefully the girls can cause a boil over in the GF.
If they bring what they brought v Freo, we will go a long way to winning the flag.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Harf is the reason why Amelia Barden/Mullane came across from the pies in the off-season.

I reckon we're a chance for a few more to jump ship based on pies ladder position this year vs ours, and how well liked/loved/respected he is amongst everyone he has anything to do with.

Just watching him in the press conference with Tayla Harris the other day shows everything you need to know about him.

Him, telling it how it us, complimenting and congratualting the girls....while focussing on the week ahead.
Tayla, saying that despite everything that went on last week, her sole focus was to do the best she could for the team, and give her all.....and at the same time taking digs at the coach because of his age (re 'getting' hashtags)

Great stuff, and well deserved.

Reply #6
Well deserved acknowledgement of an excellent season’s work by Harf, and I loved the skipper’s announcement.  There is some serious chemistry going on with the playing group, the coaches and the club generally.

The presence of the AFLM players at the prelim indicated just how solid the club is ... not that that should overshadow Harf’s achievement.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Harf is the reason why Amelia Barden/Mullane came across from the pies in the off-season.

I guess it wasn't Harf, it was all the reason.

Reply #8
Good chance he won't be there for much longer.

Reply #10
Why? You think he'll get a mens gig?

I do.

No doubt it's a huge step up...and he may prefer to not seek the pressure. He does a bit of radio doesn't he?
But folk would probably be taking a bit of notice with what he's achieved this season.

Reply #11
I do.

No doubt it's a huge step up...and he may prefer to not seek the pressure. He does a bit of radio doesn't he?
But folk would probably be taking a bit of notice with what he's achieved this season.
Hopefully we can keep him in the job for a bit longer.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
I do.

Maybe he can join our mens coaching panel in a Bolton like arrangement??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Half has captain-coached to his own team to a flag too.

Reply #14
I wonder if the attributes that enabled Harf to be a successful coach at domestic and AFLW level would transfer to AFL  :-\

Harf does remind me of Bolts, but without the intensity.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball