Skip to main content
Topic: Shane Warne - RIP (Read 1614 times) previous topic - next topic

Shane Warne - RIP

Speechless, he was 52!

Suspected heart attack while in Thailand!

Condolences to family and friends.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Shane Warne - RIP

Reply #1
Bloody hell ... absolute tragedy.

The cricketing world is already mourning his loss

Reply #2
Shocking to wake up to this.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3
Shattering news for many people to wake up to,  not many legendary Victorian players left.    And with this sh1tty weather cricket finals cancelled,  watching miss rolling down some leggies in a two day game would have been cathartic.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
What a talent & what a life! It's as though he was on schoolies for 35 years. I doubt if anyone packed more into his life than Warnie did.

Reply #5
The world has just lost yet more colour and become more grey.
Absolute shock.
RIP Warnie.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Shocked, but not surprised.
Warnie lived his life like every day was his last, so it was always going to end this way.

Changed the game of cricket and influenced an entire generation of leggies.

Reply #7
Donated his one and only Test Cap (bought for a million) to help Vic bushfire victims 2 years back.  The mark of the man.

Reply #8
What a talent & what a life! It's as though he was on schoolies for 35 years. I doubt if anyone packed more into his life than Warnie did.
I'm not a huge cricket fan but I just love sportspeople with arrogance, character and showmanship. SKW had all that in spades, always seemed to know what to do, always executed when needed, gave plenty of lip along the way. His off field iwas equally legendary and is the stuff a lot of people dream about. Loved him and has been taken way too soon.
RIP GOAT, give em hell up there along with Deano and Bacchus.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
The interesting thing is that Warnie monstered batsmen psychologically in a way that was pretty unusual for a spinner. He behaved more like a fast bowler. After every ball, his theatrics highlighted that it was only a matter of time until he would claim the batsman's wicket. He would will the batsmen into making this come true. He was like a tiger stalking its prey with the prey freezing in fear.

Reply #10
Before Warnie, cricket was dying in this country, if not across the world.  He gave the entire game the jolt it needed, and he will never be forgotten because of that.

Big personality who relished a big moment, and rarely failed to deliver.  Also, can't help thinking the Saints would have cracked their second (and more) flag if Warnie had stayed on the footy field. 

I feel really deflated by his passing.

All the best to his family, and his wide collection of friends across the globe.

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #11
Waaarnie!
 :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
It seems horribly unfair for a player like Mike Gatting that they will be remembered because they were victims of a Warne freak delivery, yet it is appropriate for Warne!

If ever there was a talisman, a portent of things to come, this was it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
No-one mention Daryll Cullinan.  Warne's greatest sap.  Dismissed him 12 times.  

Reply #14
Warnie was a scallywag and a hell of a nice bloke.

The best spin bow;ler ever. As I said, a scallywag, but he was our scallywag.

A great cricketer and great bloke. So sad that he had to go so young.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.