Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427738 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7125
Dunno how you guys figure that…?
I’m a Covid virgin too, but as they say in the classics, past performance is no guarantee of future returns
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #7126
Expect another COVID spike in November.

It seems that our governments have decided that it’s not worth mandating masks or isolation if non-compliance is the norm 🙁
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7127
I think the citizenry and governments have consigned covid to the dustbin of history, rightly or wrongly. The medicos and science types are saying that ending the mandatory quarantine period is unwise and puts the public at risk.

Reply #7129
You can't blame the population, they want to go back to the old ways, they think declaring it's over is the first major step. It's a form of naivety, although we know some might not be altruistic the bulk just innocently want life to go back to the way things were.

Of course, like the various pandemics before it that won't be the case, never was going to be and likely never will be!

My recommendation to you is that if you are older, if you have some pre-existing condition that makes you vulnerable, wear a mask, even if you are healthy wear a mask in crowded public spaces. The science is clear, avoiding COVID is critical for your long term health. I can't believe some are willing to accept the risk when the outcome of being unlucky is so high, that inability to understand the risk seems to be a human fallibility.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7130
Expect another COVID spike in November.

It seems that our governments have decided that it’s not worth mandating masks or isolation if non-compliance is the norm 🙁
Yes perhaps, the bigger issue might well be March / April 2023 when the bulk of the population haven't bothered to have a booster and autumn arrives with protection waning.

There might be some panic, because the resources required to massively vaccinate the population in a swift manner are being disassembled right now, if the panic comes the resources just won't be there!

So my advice, get a timely booster, perhaps Jan / Feb next year, and respect the pandemic threat.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7131
You can't blame the population, they want to go back to the old ways, they think declaring it's over is the first major step. It's a form of naivety, although we know some might not be altruistic the bulk just innocently want life to go back to the way things were.

Of course, like the various pandemics before it that won't be the case, never was going to be and likely never will be!

My recommendation to you is that if you are older, if you have some pre-existing condition that makes you vulnerable, wear a mask, even if you are healthy wear a mask in crowded public spaces. The science is clear, avoiding COVID is critical for your long term health. I can't believe some are willing to accept the risk when the outcome of being unlucky is so high, that inability to understand the risk seems to be a human fallibility.

Its not declared over, it is over. 

Globally its all finished.  People are more focussed on hyper inflation and making up for lost time. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7132
Think the economy will take precedence over health rightly or wrongly...Inflation has spiraled everywhere and the Ukraine war has sent energy prices skyward and created shortages.
I'm with LP and think you have to be proactive yourself and wear a mask, social distance etc if you feel vulnerable, the Government dont care anymore and wont be funding what they were previously in terms of assistance or providing the resources for CoVid clinics and you are on own even with testing.
Most governments now are in damage control with regards their economy and fearing recession, cash rates wont be coming back down to 0.1% ever again and the RBA started way too late in terms of raising rates to fight inflation and the Aus economy is going to suffer as will households meaning CoVid will be taking a back seat in terms of headlines.
I expect like LP and DJ that CoVid will spike again and next winter it will probably be a new strain and we will find hospitals stretched again and lots of people sick but it wont be making the headlines like it was and it will be silent epidemic.

Reply #7133
Think the economy will take precedence over health rightly or wrongly...Inflation has spiraled everywhere and the Ukraine war has sent energy prices skyward and created shortages.
I'm with LP and think you have to be proactive yourself and wear a mask, social distance etc if you feel vulnerable, the Government dont care anymore and wont be funding what they were previously in terms of assistance or providing the resources for CoVid clinics and you are on own even with testing.
Most governments now are in damage control with regards their economy and fearing recession, cash rates wont be coming back down to 0.1% ever again and the RBA started way too late in terms of raising rates to fight inflation and the Aus economy is going to suffer as will households meaning CoVid will be taking a back seat in terms of headlines.
I expect like LP and DJ that CoVid will spike again and next winter it will probably be a new strain and we will find hospitals stretched again and lots of people sick but it wont be making the headlines like it was and it will be silent epidemic.

i don't think its that the governments don't care exactly. More that we cannot continue going down the path indefinitely as there isn't an infinite amount of money to assist us with.

Economy will continue to go down the drain causing people to lose houses...and jobs etc etc

Ultimately, its a more manageable situation. As has been said....people know how to look after themselves now, its on them to do it for their own good.

Reply #7134
Its not declared over, it is over. 

Globally its all finished.  People are more focussed on hyper inflation and making up for lost time.
The ending of restrictions is not the end of the pandemic, the virus doesn't give a stuff what any human thinks on either side of the debate.

The ending of restrictions is the ending of official support, basically resources and finances are being pulled, this time next year the need for vaccines and expensive treatments probably won't have diminished, but they won't be subsidised either.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7135
The ending of restrictions is not the end of the pandemic, the virus doesn't give a stuff what any human thinks on either side of the debate.

The ending of restrictions is the ending of official support, basically resources and finances are being pulled, this time next year the need for vaccines and expensive treatments probably won't have diminished, but they won't be subsidised either.

As Mav said a few months back, you might be finished with covid, but covid might not be finished with you.

Reply #7136
i don't think its that the governments don't care exactly. More that we cannot continue going down the path indefinitely as there isn't an infinite amount of money to assist us with.

Economy will continue to go down the drain causing people to lose houses...and jobs etc etc

Ultimately, its a more manageable situation. As has been said....people know how to look after themselves now, its on them to do it for their own good.
Think its about bang for buck with Governments and votes being the bang part.......lot more people worried about their bottom line than their Rat Tests and we have already seen gentlemen Jim Chalmers scrounging around for dollars to pay the bills and has even gone down the franking credits route again allbeit a different path trying to score some money.
CoVid resources cost and its not sexy anymore to be throwing money at out of work taxpayers like ScoMo did trying to buy votes and I think Albo in particular will be looking at ways to pay down debt and keep a lid on house prices and mortgages.
Dan and the invisible opposition led by Matthew Guy in Victoria might throw some money at health as part of their pledges to build hospitals and provide more beds in needy Melbourne areas but I cant see Albo providing too much coin given he needs to prove he can manage the economy first and unless CoVid deaths take off in a big way overseas and here I cant see the Government/s getting that interested in revisiting the bad old days of CoVid and being proactive anymore.

Reply #7137
As Mav said a few months back, you might be finished with covid, but covid might not be finished with you.
I missed that one, kudos to @Mav because it is so true!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #7138
I'm wondering...
I suspect there are a lot of folks at the moment who don't register their positive RAT tests with the Health folk.

I suspect this move will result in even less people complying...it's the effect of a message that basically says....treat it like other illnesses, stay home if you're sick and go to the hospital if you're really unwell.

That probably means we won't know when a wave is hitting and the extent of it until the big numbers hit the hospitals.

Reply #7139
Nothing surer Lods
Let’s go BIG !