Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427999 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7080
Ive been testing twice a week since I changed jobs.  Hospital never cared whether or not we were testing at all.

NFI.

Don't really understand what all the fuss is about.  Suspect that a lot of people are leveraging the climate to take advantage of sick leave.
Its called taking the piss :D
And I dont suspect it, I know it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7081
Don't really understand what all the fuss is about.  Suspect that a lot of people are leveraging the climate to take advantage of sick leave.
Stats suggest 15% of people won't get COVID with or without vaccination, they still do not know why, maybe you're in the 15%!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7082
This has been going on for the better part of 2.5 years now, but some people are still missing the basics.

No, it doesn't prevent Covid. Nobody said it did. You may be prevented from getting it, but at a minimum...
It limits the intensity,
which limits the amount of people who end up in ICU
which limits the amount of people we need to find a bed for
which limits the amount of people who miss out on a bed
which limits the amount of people who die.

Which in turn eases the strain on the health care system so people who have 'regular issues' like heart attacks can actually get an ambulance when they need one, which again, limits the people who die.

But sure....its all BS.

Firstly yes they did say it reduces your odds of getting it! The narrative was then conveniently changed when the numbers kept increasing despite the bulk of the population being vaccinated. But they still went to the extent of preventing the unvaccinated from majority of workplaces (excluding the law fraternity of course)

My point is their mandates were mainly sold on a mantra that is now proven to not be the case and these mandates have crippled a lot of industries none more important then our undermanned health system. And if you say they did it because of the effect the unvaccinated may have on the health system why not use the same mandates for

Heavy drinkers
Smokers
Obese
Drug users (nah we have injecting rooms instead for them)

All of the above are self inflicted and why should they take a bed up (same as a unvaccinated patient does remember) over me who looks after himself and the above list is likely to have a longer term effect on health care system then a Covid patient.

What am i missing.....

Reply #7083
Firstly yes they did say it reduces your odds of getting it! The narrative was then conveniently changed when the numbers kept increasing despite the bulk of the population being vaccinated. But they still went to the extent of preventing the unvaccinated from majority of workplaces (excluding the law fraternity of course)
There was never a change in narrative., that spread and the growing case numbers is exactly what should happen as a virus spreads through the population, the science of epidemiology is the study of such events and I'm sure the epidemiologists know more about it than Facebook, News Ltd or just about everyone else.

Unvaccinated are many many times more likely to end up in ICU, so it's reasonable that they should be restricted, otherwise through the results of their deliberate choice to avoid vaccination they are putting the kibosh on a resources shared with and paid for by everybody, and deliberately spreading the disease to those people who have no choice and cannot be vaccinated, anti-vaxers are k@#ts!.

The problem isn't the health system, politics or the law, the problem is the hypocritical behaviour of the anti-vaccination lobby, refusing the jab then crying like babies for a life saving cure! Like we didn't see that coming, becuase that is what the anti-vaxxers do better than anything else, bitch like cut snakes!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7085
Anti-vaxxing k@#nts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHSVOVLmNY
If you don't mind, I'd rather have the choice not to be your friend!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7086
It seems there are a lot of different experiences with this thing.
I'm one month post positive.
The first day was the worst (chills and fever) after that I got access to some anti-virals and the symptoms cleared up pretty quickly.
Then about a week later the cough, which hadn't been too bad, started to get a bit worse, and is still hanging around.
I re-tested on around days 10 and 14 (two weeks).
There was still a faint second line on both occasiions.
I tested again this morning, after developing a few sniffles over-night, and I'm clear (must be a day-care head cold from the grandkids).

There will no doubt be a lot of follow up research on the effects of the virus.
One interesting one may be the 'covid fog'.

I like to do a lot of online quizzes and puzzles.
Trivia stuff-History Geography, Science, Entertainment etc.

I was doing a quiz the other night that required me to match the names of movie stars to their photographs.
It's the kind of task I usually have little trouble with and usually get them all or miss on  one or two.

In this quiz there were 20 photos of fairly well known stars.
I ended up missing 8.
They were 8 I knew very well and included folks like Val Kilmer, Morgan Freeman and Anthony Hopkins.
I could see them in their films, but the names just wouldn't come to me before I ran out of time.
It was really frustrating and I suspect it's similar to the way folks with Alzheimers must sometimes feel.
Knowing but not able to verbalise it.

I had a similar problem later with a flag quiz.

Now here's the strange part.
It seemed to only happen with 'image' matching....picture/ name, flag/ country
On a general knowledge quiz around the same time I had no trouble with written questions.

The other strange thing is that if I were to repeat that 'film star' quiz today I'd have no trouble...I can even remember most of them now without looking at the quiz.
It's like the covid deleted an information block or processing unit from the brain and then the quiz task rebooted it and corrected the error.
Weird.

Reply #7087
We had the same issue ... Seems to be unable 'to join the jots', start or concentrate tasks.  I recognise that face and the movies he was in but can't quite recall the name. Lot better 10 weeks later.

Just a bit off for a while,  not as sharp as usual.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7089
No it's not. They sold the idea the vaccine stops you getting it which was a lie.

Thank you.

I specifically recall hearing countless times in dans BS daily presses how unvaccinated are a risk to the vaccinated and that’s the primary reason the unvaccinated will be alienated and locked out of majority of places. Otherwise why do that??

Same way as so many said how dangerous it is to have jones anywhere near the playing group.

Or did they forget that as well.

Reply #7090
Not exactly sure who "they" are, that said vaccines stop you from getting covid. I never heard anyone reputable, be they medical professionals or politicians, who said those words. I remember hearing that getting the vaccine is your best chance of prevention, not that in and of itself, it is prevention.

Reply #7091
Anti-vaxxing k@#nts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHSVOVLmNY
If you don't mind, I'd rather have the choice not to be your friend!

This was written in the 50s, but not released until the 80s.  I loved Tom Lehrer when growing up, along with Flanders and Swann.  A few of my faves are Be Prepared, Vatican Rag, Poisoning Pigeons in the park, The elements. 

Back to Covid - it is really weird how it affects everyone really differently, although the elements seem to be the same.  Also really weird how it is vastly different within a family.  Hope all get better quickly.

Reply #7092
It seems there are a lot of different experiences with this thing.
I'm one month post positive.
The first day was the worst (chills and fever) after that I got access to some anti-virals and the symptoms cleared up pretty quickly.
Then about a week later the cough, which hadn't been too bad, started to get a bit worse, and is still hanging around.
I re-tested on around days 10 and 14 (two weeks).
There was still a faint second line on both occasiions.
I tested again this morning, after developing a few sniffles over-night, and I'm clear (must be a day-care head cold from the grandkids).

There will no doubt be a lot of follow up research on the effects of the virus.
One interesting one may be the 'covid fog'.

I like to do a lot of online quizzes and puzzles.
Trivia stuff-History Geography, Science, Entertainment etc.

I was doing a quiz the other night that required me to match the names of movie stars to their photographs.
It's the kind of task I usually have little trouble with and usually get them all or miss on  one or two.

In this quiz there were 20 photos of fairly well known stars.
I ended up missing 8.
They were 8 I knew very well and included folks like Val Kilmer, Morgan Freeman and Anthony Hopkins.
I could see them in their films, but the names just wouldn't come to me before I ran out of time.
It was really frustrating and I suspect it's similar to the way folks with Alzheimers must sometimes feel.
Knowing but not able to verbalise it.

I had a similar problem later with a flag quiz.

Now here's the strange part.
It seemed to only happen with 'image' matching....picture/ name, flag/ country
On a general knowledge quiz around the same time I had no trouble with written questions.

The other strange thing is that if I were to repeat that 'film star' quiz today I'd have no trouble...I can even remember most of them now without looking at the quiz.
It's like the covid deleted an information block or processing unit from the brain and then the quiz task rebooted it and corrected the error.
Weird.

To quote a very much used argument to debunk a lit of things, correlation doesn't equal causation.

I suspect the majority of covid positive people are acutely aware of it, and as a consequence attribute things to it.

I have a persistent cough at the moment despite not having tested positive, or having even been sick.

Is it covid?  Or is this normal and im like that?

Not sure.  I have my days when my memory works well.  I have my days when I can't remember simple terminology.

The factors could be illness, or it could be stress from seeing your footy team cough up a game from a winnable position or it could be covid fog.

You know the fog that has seen everyone reaching for a treat or a coffee or a tea at 3.30 every day since i can remember?

Im not yet 40 but close enough.  Have noticed the last few years this has been getting worse.  Is it lock down?  Is it the stress of a pandemic?  Did I get cpvid that caused it?  Or am I just getting on a bit and feeling my mortality?

Or is it simply what happens to people.  People are variable in their performance.  Brain works well some days and not so well the other.  I imagine that a proper neuro doctor would be able to explain why covid fog can't be a symptom of covid because they should effectively follow a change in physiology to match the degradation of memory but you would only be able to benchmark against a before and after brain scan which limits the pool to people already having neurological issues and ergo can't really draw any meaningful data. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7093
To quote a very much used argument to debunk a lit of things, correlation doesn't equal causation.

I suspect the majority of covid positive people are acutely aware of it, and as a consequence attribute things to it.

I have a persistent cough at the moment despite not having tested positive, or having even been sick.

Is it covid?  Or is this normal and im like that?

Not sure.  I have my days when my memory works well.  I have my days when I can't remember simple terminology.

The factors could be illness, or it could be stress from seeing your footy team cough up a game from a winnable position or it could be covid fog.

You know the fog that has seen everyone reaching for a treat or a coffee or a tea at 3.30 every day since i can remember?

Im not yet 40 but close enough.  Have noticed the last few years this has been getting worse.  Is it lock down?  Is it the stress of a pandemic?  Did I get cpvid that caused it?  Or am I just getting on a bit and feeling my mortality?

Or is it simply what happens to people.  People are variable in their performance.  Brain works well some days and not so well the other.  I imagine that a proper neuro doctor would be able to explain why covid fog can't be a symptom of covid because they should effectively follow a change in physiology to match the degradation of memory but you would only be able to benchmark against a before and after brain scan which limits the pool to people already having neurological issues and ergo can't really draw any meaningful data.

It may be as you say Thry...
But then again it may be that there is an issue with the virus affecting the memory and thought processes of some of us.

The effects of the virus are still largely not understood.
But the 'covid fog' is certainly something that is being looked at.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/what-is-covid-19-brain-fog-and-how-can-you-clear-it-2021030822076

Covid symptoms vary greatly from individual to individual
The length of symptoms also varies.

I can only go on my own experience, and a task I'd normally find realtively easy, and not one I've had trouble with before, became frustratingly complicated.