Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427342 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #7305
3rd hand anecdotes rate well too
The UK "Yellow Card" system and other US or EU equivalents are built on anecdotes, and scarily politicians use that sort of data to make policies! :o

I suppose it is mostly opinion that gets them elected, not facts!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7306
Its interesting the current "wave". My wife got home Monday feeling a little under the weather, she tested Tues morning before heading off for work and she was positive so she's been home since. I tested negative until yesterday morning. Other than a slight headache the other night, I have no symptoms and my wife's were a slight sniffle. If she didn't test positive, I would have seen no reason to test myself given how I felt so I would have been happily going about my business in the community with covid.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7307
Our daughter finally got it.  At the moment we're moving in circles with groups that really don't want to get it, so have been a bit cautious.  Daughter gave it to wife.  but me and son are good so far.  It is certainly pretty mild version in our house.

My wife is much more into the testing even with the mildest of symptoms.  I need to have strong symptoms before I test.

Reply #7308
Novel Rutgers COVID vaccine may provide long-lasting protection, medicalxpress.com

Sounds promising - a vaccine whose efficacy doesn’t wane immediately after administration and lasts for at least a year. But will it be given the accelerated emergency use approval that the existing vaccines enjoyed or will it have to work its way through testing over the best part of a decade? I’m sure Moderna and Pfizer will support a speedy process.

Reply #7309
Novel Rutgers COVID vaccine may provide long-lasting protection, medicalxpress.com

Sounds promising - a vaccine whose efficacy doesn’t wane immediately after administration and lasts for at least a year. But will it be given the accelerated emergency use approval that the existing vaccines enjoyed or will it have to work its way through testing over the best part of a decade? I’m sure Moderna and Pfizer will support a speedy process.
I might be cynical, you know with lightbulb conspiracies and planned obsolescence and the like, but what are the odds that Pfizer, AZ, Moderna and maybe even GSK announce their own versions of a similar new spike protein?
The Force Awakens!

CV

Reply #7310
I think all the pokies stuff is the distraction, I'm not anti-gambling although I concede it hurts those who are addicted to it, but then so does too much beer or red meat!

Hmmmm. Double standards there LP.

I remember hearing when I argued the low Covid mortality rates in the all but the old or compromised that our states reaction was not in line and caused the debt our state will incur now for the next 10 plus years not to mention the businesses gone as a result and the pain inflicted on our young and mentally fragile.

Your and your wingman Mavs response was what if that 1 in 100 death is a family member you would want to protect them so we should stay locked inside. 

Surely you would apply the same thinking to gambling and it’s affects. It’s destroys families and a large percentage of suicides are gambling related.

Re: CV

Reply #7311
Hmmmm. Double standards there LP.

Surely you would apply the same thinking to gambling and it’s affects. It’s destroys families and a large percentage of suicides are gambling related.

No, not at all.

Gambling is mostly something we do by choice, self-harm.

If you infected others with a potentially harmful virus either deliberately or through ignorance actions wouldn't that be attempted murder or manslaughter?

In this frame of reference, gambling is more like social drug use, it's harmful but you do it at your own volition.(At least in the beginning!)

Deliberately infecting people by refusing to isolate would be more like using drugs then choosing to drive, if you kill someone driving drug affected you should face the consequences!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7312
If you infected others with a potentially harmful virus either deliberately or through ignorance actions wouldn't that be attempted murder or manslaughter?

Deliberately infecting people by refusing to isolate would be more like using drugs then choosing to drive, if you kill someone driving drug affected you should face the consequences!

Absolute rubbish LP.

18 months ago we were locked in our houses like prisoners whether your vaccinated or not couldn't fly, take kids to a playgroung, get a haircut, play golf, go fishing, couldn't even walk around the block! All this while businesses went under and the state racked up the highest debt of any state. How anyone can seriously say that was a justified response has me buggered.

Yet now we are free to do whatever we want and vaccination is now our choice as it always should have been and yet Covid numbers are still climbing and very much present.

My niece is pregnant and fully vaccinated and works at the front desk in a company with 120 employees. She says several of them have been sneezing and coughing and have tested positive for covid yet when asked why are they at work most said they have no more sick days so cant afford to stay home. in other words 12 months ago businesses and playgrounds were closed down as Covid was so damaging and deadly yet now you can legally roam around and infect as many people as you want and the government are perfectly ok with it.

Did the virus change or do the political position on it?  Cant ask Dan as he wont recall.

Reply #7313

Absolute rubbish LP.

18 months ago we were locked in our houses like prisoners whether your vaccinated or not couldn't fly, take kids to a playgroung, get a haircut, play golf, go fishing, couldn't even walk around the block! All this while businesses went under and the state racked up the highest debt of any state. How anyone can seriously say that was a justified response has me buggered.

Yet now we are free to do whatever we want and vaccination is now our choice as it always should have been and yet Covid numbers are still climbing and very much present.

My niece is pregnant and fully vaccinated and works at the front desk in a company with 120 employees. She says several of them have been sneezing and coughing and have tested positive for covid yet when asked why are they at work most said they have no more sick days so cant afford to stay home. in other words 12 months ago businesses and playgrounds were closed down as Covid was so damaging and deadly yet now you can legally roam around and infect as many people as you want and the government are perfectly ok with it.

Did the virus change or do the political position on it?  Cant ask Dan as he wont recall.

What has changed in 18 months?

Knowledge about the virus.

Reply #7314

Absolute rubbish LP.

Yep Dan is up to his neck in debt and there is no way the economy is taking a break and losing money with lockdowns or any restrictions like we had before and we wont be talking about any Covid Stats this winter either just how its all Dr Phils fault for raising interest rates and making us all sick that way.

Reply #7315
What has changed in 18 months?

Knowledge about the virus.

If that's the case then Liam Jones was one of the smart ones while myself feeling compelled to get vaccinated should have just held my ground.

And all the hysteria has gone as well.  Amazing.

Reply #7316
Yep Dan is up to his neck in debt and there is no way the economy is taking a break and losing money with lockdowns or any restrictions like we had before and we wont be talking about any Covid Stats this winter either just how its all Dr Phils fault for raising interest rates and making us all sick that way.

Agree. I have to give it to Dan he has no peer in somehow getting out of scandal after scandal after scandal. Has there ever been a more corrupt government? 

Surely you would think some of the sh1t would eventually stick but the guy has a way to deny and deflect his way through. And sadly the Libs see it all and are powerless and weak and do SFA.

Saddest time in politics I've ever seen and this lying fool just continues on his merry way damaging the state to a point of no return. Our poor kids are in for a tougher time then they should be.           

Reply #7317
If that's the case then Liam Jones was one of the smart ones while myself feeling compelled to get vaccinated should have just held my ground.

And all the hysteria has gone as well.  Amazing.

Clearly you misunderstood.

Thats not saying the virus is not dangerous, but rather the constant mutations mean that the initial reactions to it (lockdowns) were not going to be sustainable in the long term.

Reply #7318
Clearly you misunderstood.

Thats not saying the virus is not dangerous, but rather the constant mutations mean that the initial reactions to it (lockdowns) were not going to be sustainable in the long term.

The government completely misunderstood mate not me.

Liam Jones was berated on here for saying how awful and dangerous a man he was to be anywhere our team and he may kill players in the team as he is unvaccinated. Time has proven and clearly shown his obviously safe to be beside 40 of his teammates in showers, dressing rooms etc yet 18 months ago he was looked upon like he would be the grim reaper!

He had the balls to hold his ground on something he believed in despite all ridicule he never swayed.

Good on him.       

Reply #7319
The government completely misunderstood mate not me.

Liam Jones was berated on here for saying how awful and dangerous a man he was to be anywhere our team and he may kill players in the team as he is unvaccinated. Time has proven and clearly shown his obviously safe to be beside 40 of his teammates in showers, dressing rooms etc yet 18 months ago he was looked upon like he would be the grim reaper!

He had the balls to hold his ground on something he believed in despite all ridicule he never swayed.

Good on him.       

Will probably be the AA fullback, think I heard he has only had 5 goals kicked on him this year. Been a fair return to AFL for a bloke who copped plenty of hate for his actions.