Skip to main content
Topic: Formula 1 (Read 89581 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Formula 1

Reply #225
I remember the GP, i remember Martin Brundle at the time saying that is a VERY UNUSUAL place for someone to crash and it doesn't make sense. He called it live.
He did, as I said, I think financial compo is the most likely outcome, simply because blokes have since confessed and a top official appears to have disclosed that they knew but did not act at the time.

I don't think Massa gets a championship, but I think he is a big chance at getting dollars such is the system.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #226
What a brilliantly run event the Aus GP is every year, seems to get better. I think anyone would enjoy a day there. I would highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen a race meeting live, spend the Sat there, 2 F1 sessions (practice and qualifying), an F2 sprint race, and F3 sprint race, V8 Supercars, plenty of food, drinks, stuff for the kiddies. Great value for money, well  to all concerned.
PS if your going GA for a few days, spend the Friday finding your fave spot, get the super early Sat and Sun to get that spot and sent up "camp" with your mates/family.

PSS My fave spots are inside of that track at turn 6 and inside of the track at exit of turn 2.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #227
Agree.

Taken my (now) 9yo son the last couple years and he could spend the day there without ever looking at the track. Was talking to a chick from Canada who has been to the montreal Grand Prix a few times and she has said the Aussie event is so much better because there is nothing else to do at 'her' event.

Know people who have been to Silverstone. Same thing.
I was at the first Autin Grand Prix, basically the same thing.

I've been to probably 15 Melbourne Grand Prix weekends (usually on Saturdays) and its always quality.