Skip to main content
Topic: Melbourne Storm (Read 9903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Melbourne Storm

Reply #15
Brandon Smith was suspended for a shoulder charge.

It will depend on availability, but I wonder if Tyson Smoothy is in line for a season debut? Do they go with him or reshuffle the line-up?. Smoothy is kicking the ball a lot more in the QLD cup this year, if he plays it would be interesting to see if he can produce that at NRL level.

Reply #16
INS
Aaron Pene
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Ryley Jacks
Tom Eisenhuth
Trent Loiero
Tyson Smoothy

OUTS
Brandon Smith
Cameron Munster
Harry Grant
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
It looks like Xavier Coates has signed with Storm for next year.  Instant replacement for the departing Addo-Carr.  Big get.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/brisbane-broncos-young-gun-xavier-coates-signs-with-melbourne-storm-on-two-year-deal/ar-BB1gwq7J
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #18
Coates is a big boy and moves very well, reminds me a bit of Vunivalu rather than Addo-Carr.

Addo-Carr will be tough to replace, you can't coach pure pace, but we do have a few fast players that can potentially roll through various positions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Smoothy looks OK, pity about the PCL.

Like I said, if and when Bellamy retires we should offer him a pension to hang around Carlton! How does he do it, how does he have these guys coming in cold looking ready for the top shelf?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Smoothy looks OK, pity about the PCL.

Like I said, if and when Bellamy retires we should offer him a pension to hang around Carlton! How does he do it, how does he have these guys coming in cold looking ready for the top shelf?

It is no accident but it is also not just Bellamy. The Storm has established a system which why the players are so well prepared. Bellamy was instrumental in setting that system up but is not the super coach (day coach) that makes the team so consistent. He drives standards but as part of a larger group. It is that which we need at Carlton.

Reply #21
The Storm have so much depth now there is almost the makings of a second Melbourne team!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
The Storm have so much depth now there is almost the makings of a second Melbourne team!
Melbourne Storm has kept me going through the last 20 years of Carlton FC.......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #24
Getting very nervous about Pape now, what is it if we take in byes and Origin, two months?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
Melbourne Storm has kept me going through the last 20 years of Carlton FC.......
[/quote              
Me too tonyo.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #26
Peter vlandys has been quiet lately,  must be some kind of a problem happening in NSW....?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
How about AFL GF at MCG on last Sat in Sep, and NRL GF at AAMI Park the day after?

:))  :))  :))

Reply #28
Very sad news. Dale Finucane is off to Cronulla with Nicho Hynes. A big loss indeed.

Reply #29
Interested to see how they fit Nick Meaney in to the team