Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 85053 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #915
At least he's younger than thirty
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #917
If we play a test series based on 4 days of ODI how can our squad not have Maxwell?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #919
The memorial-Brendan-Julian-selection.....  Good tourist, is Mitch.........
They have low confidence in the playing conditions, that can't be sure if it is going to be Bazball or a Test grind, so they gone 50/50.

But even so, if you accept they have gone 50/50, it doesn't explain some of the choices that make up the mix!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #920
They have low confidence in the playing conditions, that can't be sure if it is going to be Bazball or a Test grind, so they gone 50/50.

But even so, if you accept they have gone 50/50, it doesn't explain some of the choices that make up the mix!
Marsh is a bazball choice so England have already dictated our selection theory, we have decided to play their way rather than stick to traditional test cricket imho. Warner can thank McCullum and Stokes for his ticket on this tour, if it was business as usual with Broad, Anderson and crew bowling on juiced up seaming tracks he wouldnt be playing...

Reply #921
Marsh is a bazball choice so England have already dictated our selection theory, we have decided to play their way rather than stick to traditional test cricket imho. Warner can thank McCullum and Stokes for his ticket on this tour, if it was business as usual with Broad, Anderson and crew bowling on juiced up seaming tracks he wouldnt be playing...
I gather that the absence of Nesser or Richardson types is also a tell, basically one bowler who can swing the ball.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #922
I gather that the absence of Nesser or Richardson types is also a tell, basically one bowler who can swing the ball.
Neser is unlucky, I think Green will be bowling a lot more in this series than in other test series he has played.

Reply #923
Can't see much benefit coming out of this WTC Final.

India basically look disinterested, earning too much IPL money I suspect and Test cricket looks like it's a burden for them, especially when things get tough. They'll still go hard if they get a roll on, but otherwise they look like they are half a step away from folding!

To make things worse, we are going hard and just exposing our tactics for the Poms to pick apart prior to the coming Ashes series.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #924
Can't see much benefit coming out of this WTC Final.

India basically look disinterested, earning too much IPL money I suspect and Test cricket looks like it's a burden for them, especially when things get tough. They'll still go hard if they get a roll on, but otherwise they look like they are half a step away from folding!

To make things worse, we are going hard and just exposing our tactics for the Poms to pick apart prior to the coming Ashes series.
Agree...India can't be bothered unless it's at home under their terms and conditions.
Got a few injuries and looks like a few personality clashes with Ashwin left out even though he has been one of the leading bowlers in test cricket.
Hope we keep flogging them and they get a warm spicy welcome at home from irate fans...the IPL is destroying test cricket and 
I don't have anytime for India and their dodgy practices with regard control over the world game.

Reply #925
They've got Jadeja and he's a seriously good player EB.  The problem was the old rope they served up day 1, of which Yadav is prone to do.... just like Starc did day 2 aside from one Jaffa.

Don't miss all the BS associated with Ashwin...the scowling and muttering, the mankad attempts, the three frivolous appeals every over...

Reply #926
They've got Jadeja and he's a seriously good player EB.  The problem was the old rope they served up day 1, of which Yadav is prone to do.... just like Starc did day 2 aside from one Jaffa.

Don't miss all the BS associated with Ashwin...the scowling and muttering, the mankad attempts, the three frivolous appeals every over...
Agree Prof...Jadeja is a gun cricketer and has tortured Aus for years with both ball and bat. Id always select Ashwin though as together those two are usually keys to India winning and they both provide batting cover later in the innings. Just feel his mutterings and attitude issues are not confined to opponents and his manner with teammates and officials makes him unpopular especially with team leaders.
Of course India dont have Bumrah which degrades their pace attack and both Yadav and Thakur need conditions very much in their favour to influence games and this wicket is fairly docile.
Aus should win comfortably and then onto the Ashes where I think things will be a lot tougher....

Reply #927
Our openers are still very sketchy EB, and Starc is too profligate with runs for my taste. 

Reply #928
Our openers are still very sketchy EB, and Starc is too profligate with runs for my taste.
Starc is coming to the end.

He always leaked runs, that is nothing new, but he could get away with being scatter gun when his pace was at it's top in the 150kph range, excluding one or two deliveries in the whole day he is now back amongst the pack in terms of pace, and he hasn't got the control or consistency needed to deal with being average!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #929
Like Warner, hung around a year too long