Skip to main content
Topic: Harris at Odds over Contract Talks (Read 9260 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Harris at Odds over Contract Talks

Reply #105
Half is always very considered with his words. He is in the media after all, but he's always been a good speaker.

All of the girls avoid topics of players who have left the club.

Listening to the 'Behind the Game Changers' has given good insight into the players (and club). There have been times were the topic has been brought up regarding Bri Davey (not by name, but a story that happened to involve her or something). The players refuse to name her and sometimes go as far to say but we can't/won't talk about that.
IT very much appears as they have had media training that we do not talk about anyone who has left the club. So the players being diplomatic is very much par for the course. The girls who remain almost never get 'caught out' with their comments like a lot of the men do.

Reply #106
I thought at the time and still do that Harf was very diplomatic and also appeared very disappointed when the events occurred, he could have and would have been within his rights to expose the shenanigans but he didn't, he basically looked after her by being very reserved and respectful in his comments. Which seems to fit with the idea she was suffering through the COVID lockdown. Just after that interview I heard some interviews with Harrington, Vescio and a couple of others, and they chose the higher ground and said very little, that also suggests a duty of care.

It might be a bit silly for Tayla and / or her manager to rewrite history now, it could easily come back to bite her, it exhibits a bit of immaturity.

Personally, and I think I have mentioned this at least once before, I think from a management perspective she has been very poorly advised.
Harris is me me me player, not one bit of team about her.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107
Harris is me me me player, not one bit of team about her.
That is a perception you have of her, which will not be backed up by the doco.

...but i don't know why i'm telling you this because your mind is made up and you wont watch it.

Reply #108
The AFL and media have used Harris to promote the game and she has probably had a bit too much publicity to her detriment.
If I was her father I'd be wanting her off the TV, out of the paper and concentrating on getting a kick as well as looking at life after sport. I dont want to be reading how she has become a nobody when everyone has moved on from her and left Harris being on the scrapheap when the marketers have finished with her and you can read her bio in the $2 bin at the local 2nd hand book store.

Reply #109
The AFL and media have used Harris to promote the game and she has probably had a bit too much publicity to her detriment.
If I was her father I'd be wanting her off the TV, out of the paper and concentrating on getting a kick as well as looking at life after sport. I dont want to be reading how she has become a nobody when everyone has moved on from her and left Harris being on the scrapheap when the marketers have finished with her and you can read her bio in the $2 bin at the local 2nd hand book store.
It's seems almost inevitable on the current trajectory, we've seen the very same from other sporting types a 1000 times before.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #110
It's seems almost inevitable on the current trajectory, we've seen the very same from other sporting types a 1000 times before.

Yep its a familiar scenario....David Parkin was well ahead of his time with concerns about footballers after football and not having
anything else to fall back on. Just hope that Tayla Harris gets the right advice, listens,and we dont see her on current affair talking about how the game screwed with her life and spat her out with nothing except a statue to remind her of glory days.

Reply #112
That is a perception you have of her, which will not be backed up by the doco.

...but i don't know why i'm telling you this because your mind is made up and you wont watch it.
I wouldn't waste my time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #114
I expect nothing less from you.

Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorant am I? You wouldn't know me from a bar of soap and yet make garbage comment like that. If I don't want to waste my time on someone, I don't need to do it to appease you. can't you just leave it at that? Instead you need to behave like a bully and play the man. Make this the last time we interact please.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #115
Ignorant am I? You wouldn't know me from a bar of soap and yet make garbage comment like that. If I don't want to waste my time on someone, I don't need to do it to appease you. can't you just leave it at that? Instead you need to behave like a bully and play the man. Make this the last time we interact please.
You constantly post in threads that you say you have no interest in.
Give an opinion that you don't allow any evidence to the contrary.
I just don't see the point.

My question is this....if you don't care, and your opinion is made up...why do you feel the need to post in the threads that are a waste of your time.
If you want to interact, do it otherwise why waste your own time?