Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2021 Rd 15: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 8078 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2021 Rd 15: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #75
@LN

Enjoyed reading that LN. Couldn't watch the game live so might watch the replay later.  🙂
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #76
@LN

Enjoyed reading that LN. Couldn't watch the game live so might watch the replay later.  🙂

Thanks Cookie
Some might say that we won because I didn't watch the game 😋 My R14 viewing coincided with bad Carlton. Good Carlton appeared when I changed channels. Sadly this was a brief appearance as a poster suggested i return, which i did. You know the rest😖
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #77
Coaches' votes for this game :

Reply #78
Sholl is only 21....but is a decent player and both he and Seedsman were among the Crows best, of course its a bit strange seeing the Crows with out a Crouch in the team and I actually forgot about Brad leaving and Matt being injured. The latter would have been a nuisance had he played..Pleasing for us was the consistent overall contribution from our mids, everyone did something including Newnes who I know some dont rate but I think he is a contributor most games he plays.

Walsh is 20, Dow and De Koning are 21 and Fogarty is 22.  Stocker is 21 and he would have kept the Crows mids honest if Teague had have played him in his best position (but he did a pretty good job in defence).

It must have been strange for you to watch the Crows without either of the Crouch brothers EB - not so many handball receives  ;)

I agree about Newnes; he's an honest footballer who does the right things most of the time.  However, I would prefer to see one of our youngsters played instead of him ... if form demands it and the reserves weren't too flash by all accounts.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #79
Some pretty ordinary footage of Zac Williams doing the rounds showing him dragging an Adelaide player off one of our blokes and slamming his head into the fake turf on the boundary line. It happened during the Weitering mallee, be very lucky if it doesnt get looked at.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
Some pretty ordinary footage of Zac Williams doing the rounds showing him dragging an Adelaide player off one of our blokes and slamming his head into the fake turf on the boundary line. It happened during the Weitering mallee, be very lucky if it doesnt get looked at.
Yep, saw that. Think he's in trouble .... AGAIN.

Reply #81
No dramas...but where's the report on that weak hound Fogarty?   Where's the call for the high shot on Walsh?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #82
3. As good as TDK was, I think we missed Pittonet a bit with his crash and bash style....Levi probably comes in against Freo to help out as Darcy and Lobb will try and work TDK over.
:o  :o  :o

Reply #83
Yep, saw that. Think he's in trouble .... AGAIN.
Been given a week, deservedly so, a silly act that could have done serious damage. Lucky to only get a week I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #84
Been given a week, deservedly so, a silly act that could have done serious damage. Lucky to only get a week I reckon.
G2C, agree but by the same token Fogarty could also have done a fair bit of kidney/rib damage with that cheap shot on Weitering and the MRO says, .... wait for it .....    NOTHING. All good. Insert puke emoji here ---->

Reply #85
G2C, agree but by the same token Fogarty could also have done a fair bit of kidney/rib damage with that cheap shot on Weitering and the MRO says, .... wait for it .....    NOTHING. All good. Insert puke emoji here ---->
Agree but the incidents are separate and I am only looking at Zac's here. What happened to Weiters doesnt give our blokes reason to slam a blokes head into he turf. I was rapt the blokes flew the flag but Zac went too far.
As for the MRO's finding on Fogarty? More chook lotto perhaps. If Im honest, it was a very crude late bump? It wast to the head.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #86
Williams is a D head and gets what he deserves,  but if a carlton player farts they get cited. Am I living in some kind of $@+!ed up parallel universe where only Carlton players get suspended, but hey,  smash into a bloke's back threee seconds late.... Yeeeeah nah worries maaaaaate we'll look after yah maaaaate .

The entire MRO system is rotten.  Whole system should be ditched.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #87
Walsh is 20, Dow and De Koning are 21 and Fogarty is 22.  Stocker is 21 and he would have kept the Crows mids honest if Teague had have played him in his best position (but he did a pretty good job in defence).

It must have been strange for you to watch the Crows without either of the Crouch brothers EB - not so many handball receives  ;)

I agree about Newnes; he's an honest footballer who does the right things most of the time.  However, I would prefer to see one of our youngsters played instead of him ... if form demands it and the reserves weren't too flash by all accounts.

I'm a fan of Matt but not so much Brad...the former had the better of Ed Curnow last time and I think we benefited from his absence. Didnt mind Stockers game and I like his willingness to assist his teammates when the opposition try it on..
Newnes isnt brilliant but he does get his 15-20 possies and doesnt stuff up too much, its usually the errors that cost you games and for once our blokes as a group were good in that area. The Crows made more errors and some crucial ones especially that kid McHenry. Newnes will keep getting games if the VFL team keep playing like they are because its very hard to find players in that team that are deserving of senior footy ahead of him..

Reply #88
Williams is a D head and gets what he deserves,  but if a carlton player farts they get cited. Am I living in some kind of $@+!ed up parallel universe where only Carlton players get suspended, but hey,  smash into a bloke's back threee seconds late.... Yeeeeah nah worries maaaaaate we'll look after yah maaaaate .

The entire MRO system is rotten.  Whole system should be ditched.

It was designed to be controlled from above...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #89
Joel Selwood literally bashed a player prone and stomped on him and only got a fine.

This anti Carlton agenda stinks.

I haven't seen the footage and don't need to.  It was worth it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson