Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 9391 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #120
Finest small forward since I don't know when.

Reply #121
re: Eddie, been going ok but looking forward we need him to be nurturing an apprentice like he did at the Crows with Cameron.
Owies is a different type of player as is Fisher IMO and I'd like to see Eddie with a permanent apprentice like Durdin in the team who he can train up and fast track in the art of reading the play and creating for others...its the latter bit that makes Eddie so good IMO.The little tap ons, kicks around the corner when under pressure that find a man and knowing when to zig and not zag when you have a stoppage. A lot of it is natural talent like Cameron has anyway but Durdin has the raw tools with pace and nice kicking ability but just needs Eddie to teach him some smarts before Eddie gives it away.
Fisher is the one.

He uses the tap on very well.
He has the baulking ability, the agility and the creativity.

Will he ever get to be as good as Eddie Betts? No.....but nobody really has in 125 years, so i'm not expecting him too.

Reply #122
He's kicked 20 in his his last 9 games. At nearly 35yo that is great going.

Get young Eddie new contact lenses and he'd have 2 MOTY nominations. He's flying at the Blues, and pumps up those around him.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #123
Get young Eddie new contact lenses and he'd have 2 MOTY nominations. He's flying at the Blues, and pumps up those around him.
I think he needs an oxygen mask. He's losing consciousness he is up so high.

Reply #124
Just worked out that we kept Freo goaless in 2 qtrs.

Yes, i'm a bit slow...lol.

Reply #125
I was quite pleased with Willo's performance; a solid defensive effort with no brainfades and pretty good disposal.

Plowman's presence seems to help our defensive cohesion and Willo had a similar impact.  If he can continue to play as he did on Saturday, Willo may be around for a while to come.

Our defence was so much better with more of a focus on an opponent and less on defending space.  If it wasn't for some shocking turnovers and equally shocking free kicks, Jones getting lost in space and Owies ending up in a marking contest with Lobb, Freo would have been lucky to kick five goals.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #126
I was quite pleased with Willo's performance; a solid defensive effort with no brainfades and pretty good disposal.

Plowman's presence seems to help our defensive cohesion and Willo had a similar impact.  If he can continue to play as he did on Saturday, Willo may be around for a while to come.

Our defence was so much better with more of a focus on an opponent and less on defending space.  If it wasn't for some shocking turnovers and equally shocking free kicks, Jones getting lost in space and Owies ending up in a marking contest with Lobb, Freo would have been lucky to kick five goals.
Best defensive game for a while, I'd be loathe to change that lineup and wouldnt be making Williams an automatic straight back in down back..

Reply #127
Best defensive game for a while, I'd be loathe to change that lineup and wouldnt be making Williams an automatic straight back in down back..

Who would you drop for Williams, assuming Cripps is OK?

I reckon Cottrell is the only one who didn't have an impact, so Williams for medical sub?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #128

I reckon Cottrell is the only one who didn't have an impact, so Williams for medical sub?
Bit hard to have an impact if you never get on the ground.

Reply #129
Williams, no question

Reply #130

Yep... Some will suggest Newnes but he was steady, tackled well and deserves to stay in  IMHO vs the Cats who have some big bodies that need mature opposition.
Williams as sub isn't a bad idea but I think Cripps might struggle to get up this week and Williams would probably get picked to replace him.

Reply #131
Doing the ladder predictor, giving us the winnable games, hence losses against Geelong and Port, I have us 7th. Last game between Carlton v GWS decides who gets in of the two.

Bad news is that it relies on me getting 9 winners every week, which hasn't happened for a few years. Also relies on us maintaining a decent attitude to football for the rest of the year, a huge ask in our case. Steal a game against Geelong or Port then it puts us in a good position as i'm sure we'll manage to lose one of the more winnable ones.

Reply #132
Williams comes straight back in.   He was very good when moved to half back.   Think Cripps is in doubt.

Reply #133
Doing the ladder predictor, giving us the winnable games, hence losses against Geelong and Port, I have us 7th. Last game between Carlton v GWS decides who gets in of the two.

Bad news is that it relies on me getting 9 winners every week, which hasn't happened for a few years. Also relies on us maintaining a decent attitude to football for the rest of the year, a huge ask in our case. Steal a game against Geelong or Port then it puts us in a good position as i'm sure we'll manage to lose one of the more winnable ones.

Percentage, if nothing else, will kill us.  But keep the faith brother

Reply #134
Here we go again……
‘ CARLTON defender Liam Stocker and forward Levi Casboult have both been charged by the Match Review Officer.’