Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 9275 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 16: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #150
@ Baggers
Yes, maybe a wing role would suit him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #151
@ Baggers

The problem is that Fisher hasn’t had much impact when he has played on the wing.  As EB mentioned, he’s not a strong mark and that’s an attribute midfielders/wingers need.  Cottrell may lack Fisher’s finesse but he’s a strong mark and works harder defensively.  Newnes, Docherty, Martin, Kennedy, Dow, Walsh, Williams, Williamson, et al are ahead of Fisher in terms of midfield/wing attributes.

I think that playing him as a small forward and occasional midfielder is the best use of his skill set.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #152
Here we go again……
‘ CARLTON defender Liam Stocker and forward Levi Casboult have both been charged by the Match Review Officer.’
Got 2k and 3km fines respectively.

Reply #153
Is it just me but I reckon we may hear today that Cripps will miss the remainder of the season with a fracture or same issue as Docs requiring surgery.
His so tough him playing the game out means little.

Hope I’m wrong and there is no structural damage and maybe just a bad sprain. 😑

Dangerfield and Selwood will be a tough duo for our young mids without Cripps. Walsh will cop all the attention if Cripps is out.

Reply #154
I'll reiterate what I've said many times.....Pittonet hugely under-rated. Plenty on here have been quick to bag him and say he's just a backup....but that's exactly what he was brought in to do. But has been pretty much number 1 ruckman since round 2 last year. Very important when you consider TDK has barely played 20 odd games and still needs more time to develop. It's not Pittonet's fault that planning a bit longer term for ruckmen hasn't been something we've considered.

Similary, Jack Silvagni's game can't be underestimated either. Next to Walsh, I'd say there's none who works as hard both ways.

Agree with other comments on some of the lesser/younger blokes starting to find some confidence and belief.

Taking the glass half full approach.....it is enticing to think "what might be" if we can get the following blokes fit and healthy and back in the side in form:

Curnow
Williams
Docherty
Pittonet
Fisher
Cunningham

Reply #155
@ Baggers
Dunno cookie, his biggest strength is his dancing feet and side step/evasive skills. I cant see how he can use that to advantage on a wing. Its either in the guts or in the fwd line (rotating).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #156
Rumour (dont shoot the messenger) has it that he isn't happy with the small fwd role.
You've said this multiple times....and i've responded a few times.

This was covered in the Marking Their Mark documentary.

Fisher was being asked for a while about becoming a small forward, and wasn't into it.
Then he had time off and called the coach and said, he's ready to be the small forward they wanted and wants to be the best small forward he can be. Has been working closely with Betts to do that.

So he was NOT happy....18 months ago.
Maybe, 12 months ago, he WAS happy.
Now if somerthing has changed in the past 6 months or so....fair enough. Otherwise, its old news.

Reply #157
You've said this multiple times....and i've responded a few times.

This was covered in the Marking Their Mark documentary.

Fisher was being asked for a while about becoming a small forward, and wasn't into it.
Then he had time off and called the coach and said, he's ready to be the small forward they wanted and wants to be the best small forward he can be. Has been working closely with Betts to do that.

So he was NOT happy....18 months ago.
Maybe, 12 months ago, he WAS happy.
Now if somerthing has changed in the past 6 months or so....fair enough. Otherwise, its old news.

We have an excellent PR dept.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #158
We have an excellent PR dept.
This had nothing to do with our PR department. This was from the AFL organised doco.

Reply #159
Just watched some of the replay again. I absolutely loved the audacity in Paddy Dow's game. He laid tackles with fair dinkum grunt, looked his oppo in the eye while he disappeared in the distance, and stole the ball out of their hands with total disrespect. He's developing a real edge and I like it a lot. Dare I say, there's a hint of Judd about him. He played very well with  Kennedy. Their time together in 2's was  on show.

Great stuff Paddy, take a bow👏
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #160
Just watched some of the replay again. I absolutely loved the audacity in Paddy Dow's game. He laid tackles with fair dinkum grunt, looked his oppo in the eye while he disappeared in the distance, and stole the ball out of their hands with total disrespect. He's developing a real edge and I like it a lot. Dare I say, there's a hint of Judd about him. He played very well with  Kennedy. Their time together in 2's was  on show.

Great stuff Paddy, take a bow👏
I made some comment about his game in the pre-season where i was giving him a wrap and said he broke away from a pack like Judd.

He does a few Judd-like things.
Not quite the size, speed, endurance of Judd, but certainly has a few of Juddys tricks which are more than handy.
Thats why the boys called him Paddy WOW in his first pre-season.
Now his confidence is starting to match his potential and we are seeing results.

Starting 4 of Cripps, Walsh, Dow and TDK looks to hold us in good stead for 2022.

Reply #161
I made some comment about his game in the pre-season where i was giving him a wrap and said he broke away from a pack like Judd.

He does a few Judd-like things.
Not quite the size, speed, endurance of Judd, but certainly has a few of Juddys tricks which are more than handy.
Thats why the boys called him Paddy WOW in his first pre-season.
Now his confidence is starting to match his potential and we are seeing results.

Starting 4 of Cripps, Walsh, Dow and TDK looks to hold us in good stead for 2022.

Pretty much the same height as Juddy.

Judd added a few kg & muscle bulk as he matured....Dow will too.

As has been said many a time, when you're taken at #3, the expectations are high and patience is thin.

Good luck to the lad, looks a very likeable type.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #162
Coaches' votes, R16 :