Skip to main content
Topic: This is the POTUS? (Read 4419 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: This is the POTUS?

Reply #30
Actually I've not picked a side at all, just commenting on the selective arguments being provided relative to what appears to be the wider reality.

But as opposed to being right or wrong, and given you didn't discuss the points I made about balance, maybe you have just proven my comments  to at least be accurate compared to fanciful! ;)

Trump's no longer POTUS.  He's not the talking point you wish it would be ... and refutation is not your strong point.  EVERY thing I said about the walking corpse is fact.

Reply #31
A political system that throws up Biden and Trump as the president is probably fairly flawed, but if we look back at their predeccors, especially since the second world war, it's never been a system  that's produced a lot of 'greatness' in terns of leadership, despite the hype surrounding some of them.

Not a patch on Caligula unfortunately.

Reply #33
Trump's no longer POTUS.  He's not the talking point you wish it would be ... and refutation is not your strong point.  EVERY thing I said about the walking corpse is fact.
Yet he probably remains responsible for much of the heartache currently besmirching the USA.

I'm not concerned by what you said, it's what you leave out or gloss over that is a bigger concern, it exposes either a bias or a warped perspective. I read your commentary and it comes across to me as almost a "Facebook's most banned comment" summary. If you discussed both sides of US politics with such vigour, I could let it slip, but you clearly don't so I won't!

Unlike some I don't have an obvious favourite, in fact on the matter of the USA I don't have a favourite at all! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
With overtones of Nero? What are his fiddle skills like?
Hopefully better than his public speaking skills...Joe's fiddling might be confined to musical therapy rather than too many big decisions these days.

Reply #36

Unlike some I don't have an obvious favourite, in fact on the matter of the USA I don't have a favourite at all! ;)

I'm no Biden fan either, I just think he is far less of a danger than the Orange one.

The POTUS is a front-person for a much bigger machine, but in Donald's case, it seems he actually believes he is El Supremo.  If he were to be elected again, his ego may be too much for the whole world.......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?