Skip to main content
Topic: 2013 Emirates Melbourne Cup (Read 3776 times) previous topic - next topic

2013 Emirates Melbourne Cup

All tips in here! ;D

I know I'm going early here but Bart Cummings' horse Precedence is absolutely flying ATM. Going better than ever and about to contest his fourth Melbourne Cup. 8 year olds have an awful record in the race but I just get the feeling it was meant to be. He'll be my outsider for sure.

Of the favs it's very hard to go past Fiorente. Ran a cracking second in last year's Cup and has spent the last year under the watchful eye of Gai Waterhouse. Still yet to train a Cup winner I get the feeling her time has come and this horse ran a huge race behind Shamus Award in the Cox Plate last week. Should be very hard to hold out.

Of the International raiders Mount Athos was very unlucky in last year's Cup, with a half decent ride would've been in the finish. Trainer says it's going just as well if not better this year. If it puts in the same type of performance it will be there at the business end.

1. Fiorente

2. Precedence

3. Mount Athos
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: 2013 Emirates Melbourne Cup

Reply #1
I'm not allowed to gamble anymore.

Reply #2
It's the Cup have 50 cents e/w. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Probably un-Australian but I find horse racing just about the most boring thing on the planet... along with any form of gambling! Woops, hypocrite - I do have a little Tattslotto ticket each week.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Dandino? Flew home in the Caulfield Cup.

Gave up my ticket for Derby Day tomorrow... Mrs Bear is going and i will be at home looking after the kids.

Reply #5
Probably un-Australian but I find horse racing just about the most boring thing on the planet... along with any form of gambling! Woops, hypocrite - I do have a little Tattslotto ticket each week.

I'm not a huge fan of horse racing either...for mine its the gambling that makes it exciting. Without the gambling aspect its boring.

Reply #6
Best of the locals: Seville, Fiorente
Best of the internationals: Verema, Voleuse de Couers, Brown Panther