Skip to main content
Topic: Scam warning to all. (Read 4113 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Scam warning to all.

Reply #30
Wonderful advice unless you’re a self employed tradie…
You are correct about the email addresses, I’ve been getting quite good emails from very keen SEO workers wanting to help me with my web presence, but yeah, joebloggs@gmail… delete, delete, delete…
Currently there’s the parcel delivery text scams just raging along…
I get a lot of calls apparently from Clayton and various other locations in australia and overseas 🤣

I did once get a legitimate enquiry from a woman who gave me a slightly vague street address for me to quote “24 X street, opposite Z’s supermarket” I pondered for a couple of seconds and asked her if she lived in Alice Springs ? “I’m sorry !” “I’ve called Darwin haven’t I ?”
Only 1500km… 🤣🤣
Had the parcel one with texts and links to click...dont download the DHL app package they quote its a virus.

Reply #31
Guess what guys. I waited for over 3 weeks for my bank to recover my money. Received a message via text on the phone 4 times in this period stating they have not managed to locate my money yet. They ask me to be patient and they would notify me when they had some progress. Well guess what? I complained to the complaint department and they said they would chase it up. In my frustration I managed to find out where 2 sums of money were sent in a scam. My accountant for my tax return and an insurance company I bought a policy from 4 years ago. I rang both and explained how I was scammed and how they are each holding almost $10,000 combined. They checked their account and realised I have no business reference they could trace for a normal transaction. No quotes, invoices, purchase orders etc. Hence a mistake. Both companies returned my money back into the original account in 48 hours. Where the money was transferred from. They would not allow the money to go elsewhere to avoid being scammed in case I had scammed money from one account and then tried to refund it elsewhere which is apparently what scam experts try to do. Both companies called my bank to see why large sums of money were deposited to them with no apparent reference. They were told by the bank that there is a process in place to fix the situation and they could not give my details to them due to privacy issues.

I accept this concern by the bank. How about calling me to let me know the money is held in accounts ready to be returned but you need to contact the businesses yourself. Do your f@cking job. The job of returning my money back into my account as you told me you would do. No 100% certainty, but leave it in our good hands as we are experienced in such circumstances. They did little to nothing in almost a month. I on the other hand had all my money returned on my own in 2 days. I now play stupid and wait for the bank to contact me again. To see what rubbish they will tell me about the progress of my refunds. If anything happens to you guys here in this forum, don’t trust that you will have help from your bank. Lazy, useless f@cks. If it isn’t their money, then they really don’t care about the end result. It isn’t their problem which is why they put no work into serving their client. I am happy that I got part of my life savings back. Will never ever trust anyone again as long as I shall live.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
Guess what guys. I waited for over 3 weeks for my bank to recover my money. Received a message via text on the phone 4 times in this period stating they have not managed to locate my money yet. They ask me to be patient and they would notify me when they had some progress. Well guess what? I complained to the complaint department and they said they would chase it up. In my frustration I managed to find out where 2 sums of money were sent in a scam. My accountant for my tax return and an insurance company I bought a policy from 4 years ago. I rang both and explained how I was scammed and how they are each holding almost $10,000 combined. They checked their account and realised I have no business reference they could trace for a normal transaction. No quotes, invoices, purchase orders etc. Hence a mistake. Both companies returned my money back into the original account in 48 hours. Where the money was transferred from. They would not allow the money to go elsewhere to avoid being scammed in case I had scammed money from one account and then tried to refund it elsewhere which is apparently what scam experts try to do. Both companies called my bank to see why large sums of money were deposited to them with no apparent reference. They were told by the bank that there is a process in place to fix the situation and they could not give my details to them due to privacy issues.

I accept this concern by the bank. How about calling me to let me know the money is held in accounts ready to be returned but you need to contact the businesses yourself. Do your f@cking job. The job of returning my money back into my account as you told me you would do. No 100% certainty, but leave it in our good hands as we are experienced in such circumstances. They did little to nothing in almost a month. I on the other hand had all my money returned on my own in 2 days. I now play stupid and wait for the bank to contact me again. To see what rubbish they will tell me about the progress of my refunds. If anything happens to you guys here in this forum, don’t trust that you will have help from your bank. Lazy, useless f@cks. If it isn’t their money, then they really don’t care about the end result. It isn’t their problem which is why they put no work into serving their client. I am happy that I got part of my life savings back. Will never ever trust anyone again as long as I shall live.

Well done Mantis !

Reply #34
Yes. Well done Mate.

There are some stinkin, mongrel bxxxxxds out there.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #35
Well done Mantis !

X3
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
Good work Mantis. Am going through AFCA over some terrible "service" provided by UBank (NAB - Nothing Matters "More Than Money"). Going to try and get some cash out of them as compensation for the shoddy customer experience. Don't think I will get any cash but I like giving it to them via the inconvenience it will cause. Banks are right up there with politicians and car salesmen.