Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2022 Rd 5: Carlton vs Adelaide at Ikon (Read 2562 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW 2022 Rd 5: Carlton vs Adelaide at Ikon

You wouldn't want to pick us with our present form and list issues. Adelaide beat Melbourne by pressuring them, something we used to do. If we can do it again ...
I really want to see Adelaide beaten. I am more then tired of the gerrymander in their favour.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW 2022 Rd 5: Carlton vs Adelaide at Ikon

Reply #1
A win is looking very unlikely with the way we're playing at the moment. No confidence. No skills. No pressure. Adelaide will likely pound us. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
I’m interested in watching Adelaide just to see if they play at a decent level and not under 14s like our girls. 

Reply #3
I’m interested in watching Adelaide just to see if they play at a decent level and not under 14s like our girls. 
They play a very different style of game, very aggressive, more like the male game. Not surprising, when they have access to so many good players. We'd be a premier chance with their list advantages.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
They play a very different style of game, very aggressive, more like the male game. Not surprising, when they have access to so many good players. We'd be a premier chance with their list advantages.

Hard at it and with system and cohesion, they’ll spank us into next week unfortunately.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #5
Hard at it and with system and cohesion, they’ll spank us into next week unfortunately.
You got hand it to our club as a whole though, consistent poor performances year after year and lots of excuses. I can only pray our mens team can break this cycle however reading one of the training reports on here which stated our disposal was abysmal doesn't fill me with confidence...again.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
No chance of winning this one.

Adelaide have been the best team in the comp basically since day 1. 6 years on, not much has changed.

They are battle-hardened and play well as a team.

We have had too many changes, year on year and a lot of kids playing that are probably not ready for AFLW.

Without a 2nd tier system playing consistent footy, its hard to get these kids up to speed and playing as a team, rather than individuals.

I remember being very disappointed with how our trade period went (more talent out than in) and although i may have 'forgotten' that at the start of the season, I am certainly reminded of that now unfortunately.

Reply #7
Injury update....
Keeley Sherar - 2 weeks with a broken hand she got in the first half
Grace Egan - 2 weeks....coming back from broken ribs + punctured lung
and....
Mimi Hill - Test......after doing her ACL last year, she is a chance to play this week.

Also....
Gab Pound
Jess Good
Imogen Milford
...are all back available after missing the last 2 rounds with H+S protocol (ie covid and/or close contact)

For the record, i think we've played 28 out of 30 possible players this year.
The 2 that haven't played.
Mimi Hill....been unavailable up to this point.
Imogen Milford....a tall who is in her first year on the list and been unavailable for at least half the season so far.

I think we've had 8 debutants this year....and can play 1 more in Milford.

This is one reason why we can't compete with the crows.

Reply #8
Keeley Sherar - 2 weeks with a broken hand she got in the first half
Broken hand 1st-1/2, and still gets a Rising Star nomination, this kids got it whatever it is!

Will be missed this week in hot conditions, last week Sherar was one of just a few delivering some run.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Broken hand 1st-1/2, and still gets a Rising Star nomination, this kids got it whatever it is!

Will be missed this week in hot conditions, last week Sherar was one of just a few delivering some run.
TBH, i haven't watched the full game yet.....well.....haven't given it my full attention at least.
I was visiting my new 3 day old niece and kinda had 1 eye on the score but missed most of the game.

I've rewatched the first quarter since, and think she was only mentioned once in that time.
She must've had some game from then on, as she got coaches votes as well.

I've been rather vocal in my disappointment from her 'highlight' package and her being a terrible kick in that. I've said at the time that we clearly saw something in her and i'm hoping it was the editing guy who was no good, rather than her. It appears that's been the case as everyone is singing her praises.

Hopefully she can back it up in 3 weeks upon her return.

Reply #10
Lauren Brazzale has been a fixture in the team for a while and it will be a little odd not to see her out there.  Mimi Hill is definitely an upgrade though and it's good to see her back in the side.

It looks a much stronger team, on paper at least, and I won't be surprised if we upset the Crows.

It now seems that Breann Moody is out with COVID; our chances have plummeted 🙁
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Backs: Paige Trudgeon  Charlotte Wilson 
Half-backs:  Mua Laloifi  Kerryn Harrington  Gab Pound
Centreline:  Jess Dal Pos Elise O'Dea  Natalie Plane
Half-forwards:  Darcy Vescio  Courtney Jones  Nicola Stevens
Forwards:  Lucy McEvoy  Brooke Walker
Followers:  Jess Good  Madison Prespakis  Abbie McKay
Interchange:  Grace Egan  Georgia Gee  Mimi Hill  Brooke Vickers Daisy Walker
Emergencies: Maddy Guerin  Charlotte Hammans
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
In: Grace Egan, Jess Good, Mimi Hill, Gab Pound
Out: Brea Moody (AFL Healthy and Safety Protocols), Keeley Sherar (hand), Lauren Brazzale, Poppy Schaap

Moody out is huge, but those ins are pretty damn good.

Reply #13
In: Grace Egan, Jess Good, Mimi Hill, Gab Pound
Out: Brea Moody (AFL Healthy and Safety Protocols), Keeley Sherar (hand), Lauren Brazzale, Poppy Schaap

Moody out is huge, but those ins are pretty damn good.

I've decided not to go. I'm tired of mucking around at the gate with the QR code, since they don't have manual sign-ins. I'm tired on our non-competitive efforts. I'm tired of not being able to sit where I normally do. I'm tired of there being no football record. I'l watch the game if we win.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
Everyone giving it a good crack early. Intensity up from both.

Crows have a touch more class, but you can't question our girls effort.