Skip to main content
Topic: Cyprus (Read 1814 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Cyprus

Reply #15
Another hypocrite here.

Love beef -- like EB1 Scotch Fillet is a fave -- lamb (I bags the knuckle!), pork (the crackle is for moi), chicken, duck and just about any seafood... however, I can't eat fish I've caught - just have to give it/them away. Friends have a farm and once offered me some beef from a cow they slaughtered and had broken up. When they said I was welcome to some of 'Betsy' I couldn't eat any.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
I can't eat squid or 🐙, eating an intelligent creature upsets me.  Those critters can problem solve and recognise words.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
As a kid EB I used to enjoy a nice roast leg of lamb served with spring vegetables and a homemade mint sauce but over the years I just turned off it due to that same sickly taste/smell you mentioned.
Yep Cookie, that mint sauce on top made it special with the veggies roasted in the juices of the meat....

Reply #18
You havent lived until you have had Porchetta from a town called Costano in Umbria Italy. No porchetta comes close IMHO.
As for beef, Scotch Fillet or Rib Eye Med Rare.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Goat is actually more likely from a Greek kitchen.
I've had some great goat dishes and various Greek restaurants but not in recent years, it's become a bit unfashionable, like kangaroo it is a real rarity in restaurants now.

Surprisingly, some of the best goat I've had was in Sri Lanka in a slow cooked biryani. I also had a Goat Saag in Goa that was pretty good. I suppose there is a bit of irony in meat dishes being so good in Sri Lanka or India, given most are vegetarian.

@ElwoodBlues1 I spent a fair bit of my childhood growing up on farms, so circle of life stuff to me, I do know how and where it all comes from there are no mysteries. On the farm every gram of an animal was used, nothing was wasted, besides people, you have dogs, pigs, cats and sometimes even fish, reptiles or raptors to feed, and the thing I rally against now more than ever is waste, if you want to get offended by something that's the thing to hang your hat on as you wander around Coles or Woolies. Traveling the world so much for so many years I've learnt not to judge, except when creatures aren't treated humanely.
The Force Awakens!