Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW R10 - Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 2015 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW R10 - Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #15
Harford pulled the wrong reins by putting McEvoy (one of our slowest players) on Bannon (a serious speedster) who kicked 3 and set up the other 1 of the Dees' first 4 goals. After the horse had bolted, Laloifi did the job.

Reply #16
Not really that simple, hindsight is golden.

Did anyone rate Bannon pre-game, nope?

That's why the Dees are so powerful that have more scoring avenues than any other team!

Harris, Pearce and Hore got our three top defenders, Trudgeon, Harrington and Laloifi, it's not unreasonable.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17

Did anyone rate Bannon pre-game, nope?

I certainly did - it was obvious to anyone who had seen the Demons play and who could see that McEvoy is very slow.

Reply #18
I certainly did - it was obvious to anyone who had seen the Demons play and who could see that McEvoy is very slow.

McEvoy is slow, and i'm not sure how solid she was matched up on anyone was. But she got a hell of a lot of intercept marks deep in defence and probably saved a few goals on her own too.

Who would you have preferred to play on her?

Reply #19
So would you have rated Bannon ahead of Hore, Pearce and Harris?

I doubt anyone could have, but if you did then you have incredible foresight!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Blaming the umpires is never a good look but, if Maddy Prespakis was awarded half of the free kicks she should have got, we win the game.  Guerin gets sanctioned for front-on contact and Maddy gets nothing for having her head rammed into the turf.

It wouldn't surprise me if Maddy is forced out of the game by the tactics used against her and ignored by the umpires.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball