Skip to main content
Topic: Mimi Hill - AFLW rising star? (Read 958 times) previous topic - next topic

Mimi Hill - AFLW rising star?

I have really enjoyed watching Mimi's comeback from her ACL injury.  She plays the game with a bit of flair but, at the same time, is so dependable.

Her stats for the season (from the club website) are:

Among those 18 [nominated for the Rising Star], Hill ranks No.1 for disposals, kicks, handballs, metres gained and uncontested possessions. Additionally, she ranks second for contested possessions, intercept possessions, inside 50s and rebound 50s, while placing third for clearances and marks.

That's pretty impressive and really reflects the way she goes about her footy.

I reckon that she would be a more than worthy 2022 Rising Star but missing games at the start of the season may hurt her chances.  Another good game against quality opposition this week will help.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Mimi Hill - AFLW rising star?

Reply #1
I have really enjoyed watching Mimi's comeback from her ACL injury.  She plays the game with a bit of flair but, at the same time, is so dependable.

Her stats for the season (from the club website) are:

That's pretty impressive and really reflects the way she goes about her footy.

I reckon that she would be a more than worthy 2022 Rising Star but missing games at the start of the season may hurt her chances.  Another good game against quality opposition this week will help.

From memory i think she got nominated last year (or at least should've) before her knee.

Realistically, there are not too many going better than her. However, as we've seen with the mens, its more of a popularity contest than it is actual talent/ability/performance.
Of course her missing the start of the season won't help her chances.

I'd vote for her though,.

Re: Mimi Hill - AFLW rising star?

Reply #2
We should be on the selection panel K-man 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball