Skip to main content
Topic: CDC won't allow Djokovic into US to play at Indian Wells & Miami (Read 3607 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CDC won't allow Djokovic into US to play at Indian Wells & Miami

Reply #30
The ATP can do what it likes, as more European nations enlist wit NATO the weaker the ATP position becomes.

I love Wimbledon, grass is in my opinion the only real tennis surface, despite not being a massive tennis fan I been to and stayed in Wimbledon more than once. The ATP can do whatever it likes, it won't make a shred of difference, it would be like the ICC removing test status from Lords, nobody would really give a feck it would still be the home of cricket as Wimbledon is the home of tennis!

It may even work counter to the ATP's intention, maybe the All England Club saves some money, no ranking no fee I presume!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
"The ability for players of any nationality to enter tournaments based on merit, and without discrimination, is fundamental to our Tour," the ATP said in a statement.

"The decision by Wimbledon to ban Russian and Belarusian players from competing in the UK this summer undermines this principle and the integrity of the ATP Ranking system. It is also inconsistent with our Rankings agreement.

"Absent a change in circumstances, it is with great regret and reluctance that we see no option but to remove ATP Ranking points from Wimbledon for 2022."

The ATP should grow a set. 

The atrocities and war crimes committed in Ukraine have changed my position and I agree with the All England Club’s stance.

I doubt whether many tennis players will give a fat rat’s clacker about the ATP’s posturing.  The prize money will be the same and many will be sympathetic to Ukraine.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
What about England's atrocities?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #33
Russia will be killing civilians while the tournament is running.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Russia will be killing civilians while the tournament is running.

America has been killing people for decades but we let them play sport.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #35
What about England's atrocities?

In the 21st century?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball