Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome Keeley Skepper + Mia Austin (Read 1007 times) previous topic - next topic

Welcome Keeley Skepper + Mia Austin

KEELEY SKEPPER - Pick 17
Pos Midfielder
Ht 163cm, DOB 15/3/04
From Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country

The Saints had been very keen on Sofia Hurley until the Sandringham midfielder opted to make the move north. Skepper is a tenacious inside midfielder who was named Vic Country's MVP at the Under-18 Championships. Attacks the ball despite her light frame and is a strong all-round performer.

MIA AUSTIN - Pick 18
Pos Forward
Ht 178cm, DOB 22/4/04
From Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro

The Blues have been heavily linked to key forward Austin, and have a need to fill that area. Has only played one year of NAB League but was a dominant presence in attack with her strong marking and athletic ability when the ball hit the deck.

Re: Welcome Keeley Skepper + Mia Austin

Reply #1
Unlike our mens, these 2 picks definitely fill our biggest areas of need.
Midfielders (We lost Prespakis, Egan, Gee and moved on Brazzale)
Key forward (We lost Jones, Stevens)

Smart picks.

Reply #2
Pick 48 - Lily Goss from our VFLW side.

Another forward to replace those departing in recent years.

Reply #3
And we’ve got a key defender Jessica Jones.

Good list management 👍

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
Congratulations to all four girls on being selected. I hope they can all have long and successful careers wearing Navy Blue.
As to those who were poached ...

I hope these ladies prove to be exactly what we need, but I still think of the talent and experience we lost and feel ripped off. It might take me a fair while to get over that, too, as the system is still ridiculously unfair. But I'm not going to stress about something I cannot change, just because it is inherently stupid. I just hope that, some day, some year, the AFL get things right, because I'm think women's football is a good thing to have.
Live Long and Prosper!