Skip to main content
Topic: Kyrgios (Read 4845 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Kyrgios

Reply #60
This will be the decider for Kyrgios - having had a taste, does he want more, if so, is he going to get the help he needs.
Yep, has always been the issue for the lad, and probably the main reason he doesn't actually have a coach.

I heard him talk in an interview once that if he had the choice he would have rather be a basketballer, it suggestive that he plays tennis because he's good at it not because he really loves it. The basketballer is the person in the mirror @Mantis refers to.

If you are burning with desire to get to the top of the tree, you listen to everyone, filter out the good and bad and use bits and pieces of what you hear accordingly to make yourself better. No matter what you might have read or heard from retrospectives it's impossible to do alone. There is nobody who gets to the top of the tree in spite of others.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
If he can't handle a few words from a drunk girl at Wimbledon how would he cope with the NBA trash talk?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #62
If he can't handle a few words from a drunk girl at Wimbledon how would he cope with the NBA trash talk?
It's just his dream.

btw., On the court in a team sport is very different from playing tennis, I suspect just like his greater success playing doubles with Kokkinakis he might do very well in a team sport. So does he look like the type that can't handle opponents talking smack?

But it's a dream, perhaps a bit like the risk of Barty switching and hoping to be a world beater in golf, sure it's not impossible but it's walking away from what you do best to follow a dream.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
I think he would shut up and cop it because 90% of the other players would be bigger than him and he would be sorted out very quickly. You dont get to choose your coach in basketball either and I dont see Nick being very coach-able or team orientated.
He needs to stick to Tennis and enjoy beating up the likes of Dominic Perrottet in exhibition matches where he can live the dream of being a basketball legend in his own mind...

Reply #64
How much coin do you get for coming second at Wimbledon?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #65
2 million

Reply #67
So,  going by his past comments I guess that means he thinks he's 1.8 million times more important than us little people
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #68
I read somewhere that the players get up to $250K just for making the 3rd or 4th round, but I appreciate they have costs so it's not as great a windfall as some think. I'm sure the authorities cover some of the costs for lower ranked players, otherwise it would be like golf with players sleeping in cars.

I've stayed at Wimbledon/Wimbledon Hill a number of times, usually short term rentals there is some terrific quality accommodation around that area when the tennis is not on, just a train hop from the nearby Wimbledon station to just about anywhere in London. But not when the tennis is on as the rates go up 3000%! Just a small door front property, I mean a terrace flat over a shop, might call for and get $4000/night for that week or so! A regular I rent from tells me the tournament and it's lead up week/month or so will pay his flats mortgage for the whole year.
The Force Awakens!