Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 6148 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #15
Lost with 11 seconds to go. Unbelievable

Come to think of it. Our finals chances will probably come down to the last second of the season
We lost to the pies with 2 seconds to go because the umpire forgot where Walsh's head was!

Reply #16
What a day. Dogs win by 5pts and we lose by 5pts at the death after being 7pts up with 1.50 to go.....grrrrr.

Hope this weekend doesn't haunt us.

Reply #17
Devastating
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
We will beat Collingwood and make the finals, effort was there just have to reproduce next week.
Need TDK in...hopefully rested up.
Melksham played the game of his life you can't plan for that....

Reply #19
As Kramer said ‘Poise counts Jerry’

Just an ounce of it and we are playing finals. We gave everything we had but just lacked composure and cool heads when it mattered most. 

Reply #20
I'll stop swearing at umpires when they learn (1) their own bloody rules and (2) the concept of consistency.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
100% proud of the players playing four quarters of finals football without three of our gun contested ball players.

Fingers crossed Bam Bam and Cerra and Hewett play

X2
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
We will beat Collingwood and make the finals, effort was there just have to reproduce next week.
Need TDK in...hopefully rested up.
Melksham played the game of his life you can't plan for that....

Wish I was as confident EB. Had our chance tonight and now have to stress again against pies who will be just a tough and will love nothing more then to knock us out.  And if it’s another close one they unlike us know how to close it out.

Reply #23
The really frustrating thing is that a draw if Pickett had kicked a point would have got us into the finals. I couldn’t be bothered checking to confirm that as it really doesn’t matter now.

Reply #24
-20 hit outs
+3 clearances

Got to be incredibly impressed with our patchwork midfield. First the defensive crisis, then the midfield decimation. No Cerra, MK, Hewett. That's takes bad luck to a level beyond what's imaginable
Henry Ford.

Reply #25
The really frustrating thing is that a draw if Pickett had kicked a point would have got us into the finals. I couldn’t be bothered checking to confirm that as it really doesn’t matter now.
Confirmed

Reply #26
Great effort given the circumstances we found ourselves in but I still can't accept losing when 7pts in front with 1.50 to go and finals on the line. Shouldn't happen.

Reply #27
I won't be watching the last 2 minutes. That's for sure
Henry Ford.

Reply #28
The reason why we can't play like that against teams that are inferior eludes me. Play like that against next week and we win easily.

Reply #29
Amazing effort & determination shown by the boys tonight, so very proud of them , areal team effort and we almost pinched it, a tough  game took so much effort, let’s hope the boys are up to it again next week, Pies will a dure obstacle, they must retain their double chance.