Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 9288 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
I just hope the boys haven't spent all their tickets against the Demons. That was surely an exhausting game.
Reckon we can go one more round at that intensity, Pies looked tired as they have been up for a long while, Id expect them to bring in some youth to bolster the running power.
No Adams and Grundy plus Degoey still doubtful gives me confidence we have enough petrol in the tank to knock them over...

Reply #31
Reckon we can go one more round at that intensity, Pies looked tired as they have been up for a long while, Id expect them to bring in some youth to bolster the running power.
No Adams and Grundy plus Degoey still doubtful gives me confidence we have enough petrol in the tank to knock them over...

I hope so.

Reply #32

Must pay equal attention to their lesser likes as they get under your guard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
Ahh the tension as the game gets closer.... dont remember the last time I felt like that. I guess we are not irrelevant anymore.

Just dreaming what we can do with a full healthy list.

Reply #34
I hear you about the Daicos boys, but the one who has steamrolled us over the past couple of years is Crisp.  Setters, come on down.....

At least there's no Taylor Adams - he's another one who clearly likes playing against us.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #35
Ahh the tension as the game gets closer.... dont remember the last time I felt like that. I guess we are not irrelevant anymore.

Just dreaming what we can do with a full healthy list.

The healthy list would make wonders for us. Having Kennedy, Hewitt and another couple of players would make a huge difference. If we can complete with this current list available, imagine more choices. Add an additional quality player through a future trade. Get more work ethic out of Harry and Charlie. We could make top 4 next season if the football gods look down on us with some favours.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #36
I hear you about the Daicos boys, but the one who has steamrolled us over the past couple of years is Crisp.  Setters, come on down.....

At least there's no Taylor Adams - he's another one who clearly likes playing against us.

They all like to play against us.  We need Cotters and O'Brien to stitch up their wingers.  Sidebottom reserves his best for us, and Lipinksi is another that likes to play against us and has done since he was at the Bulldogs.

The other one who usually has a day out is Mihocek and Maynard.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
Daicos, the younger one was tagged out of the game yesterday. The Pies didn't look nearly as dangerous without his run and carry. We simply must do the same., maybe Newens? Elliott always seems to worry us and again I am not sure who we have to play on him, he has genuine speed and always seems to take lead up marks when playing us, he must be stopped, but who? 
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #38
They all like to play against us.  We need Cotters and O'Brien to stitch up their wingers.  Sidebottom reserves his best for us, and Lipinksi is another that likes to play against us and has done since he was at the Bulldogs.

The other one who usually has a day out is Mihocek and Maynard.

Throw in Elliott and I'll have money they pick the kid Henry who stitched us up last time. Agree on Mihocek, very old fashioned footballer who doesn't look much but competes well, has a crook hip and shouldn't have played vs the Swans.

Reply #41
Smells a bit of desperation to me, but I  guess we are desperate.

Yes, it has "bad ending" written all over it.

Reply #42
Smells a bit of desperation to me, but I  guess we are desperate.
Actually, to me this is more like the Carlton of old, players written off as injured and unavailable, only to make a miracle recovery!

None of us are in a position to judge, and I doubt Voss feels so desperate, if there is a hint of truth in this it's founded in what we do not know, otherwise it's just a media guess!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Watched a fair bit of the VFL game online yesterday and while the conditions didn't help, I couldn't see too many players that earned a call up. Dow got plenty of it in the first half but not really that effective. Kemp, and so many others, seem to try and take the game on and tried way too hard to overdo it and got caught holding the ball numerous times....it was hardly the conditions to be trying to play like that. Not sure who the Melbourne ruckman was but crikey, he was enourmous.

Reply #44
There was a passage of play against Melbourne, where McGovern grabbed it off half back, ran ten metres, and then torped it to Charlies advantage goal side which caught Melbourne in no mans land.  We didnt capitalise, but thats the sort of stuff that Williams can do when in the team.

It also means that him and Saad can attack in waves, leaving Docherty to focus on more defensive duties, and his departure from the team coincided with yet another dip in output in the rest of the 22.

Given our current sub is Dow and Dow hasnt really had much of an impact, I would be comfortable for Williams to come in as a sub, because in finals, Williams is another one of those players that makes the rest better, and can turn a game on his own. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson