Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 10920 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood

Start without me. I'll be a awhile.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
Just gutted. Panic merchants. Terrible decision making. Woeful kicking. Too too horrible.

Reply #2
I really didn't think we'd make it. No shame though. Had a red hot crack under the worst injury crisis of the competition.

That said. I thought Williams, McG, Cerra were solid. Hard to fathom that Pies were at the bottom last year 😕
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
Just gutted. Panic merchants. Terrible decision making. Woeful kicking. Too too horrible.

Q1 nerves
Q2 & 3 we came to play
Q4 we flop 😔
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
They had a lesson last week, why didn't they learn??!!!!! No good be a decent footballer if you are an idiot!!!

Reply #5
No one will ever tell me that two consecutive “blocking” decisions did not manufacture that outcome.

In the first, Quainor pushed Silvagni into a Collingwood teammate. Cost us a shot dead in front.

Ball goes down the other end - good honest pack marking contest, somehow a free kick to Collingwood who goal.

The momentum swung and that was that.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #6
Shattered.
As close as you can get, without getting there.

I believe i heard that no team has even been in finals for the whole year, except for the final round
Carlton: *hold my beer*

Reply #7
We really need to improve our  F50 play and goalkicking accuracy. That's where we lost this imho.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Got to use this as motivation for the pre season. I always thought it would be the next couple of years.

Our time will come. Get rid of some dead wood. Need some resilient players.

WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.....

Reply #9
Shattered.
As close as you can get, without getting there.

I believe i heard that no team has even been in finals for the whole year, except for the final round
Carlton: *hold my beer*

Last team to do that was Carlton 1977.

Reply #10
So at the end if the day we're good enough to beat 4 of the top 8 teams and still miss. Losses to GC, St Kilda and Adelaide come back to bite us hard.

Reply #11
We really need to improve our  F50 play and goalkicking accuracy. That's where we lost this imho.

Precisely. We won the contest including i50's but couldn't finish. Frustrating.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
If someone had told us that we'd finish 9th, missing out on finals by 0.6%, after for the entire season never having a healthy list  --  horrendous injury list --  at the beginning of the season, we'd have taken it. However, after an 8-2 start and spending the entire season in the 8 until the last game, and losing our last 4 games it is just about impossible to be pleased with finishing 9th. Again, a second half of the season drop off.

Pass mark for 2023 is contesting finals, and making a statement in those finals... along with winning games we should win. Key words for 2023... healthy list, efficiency up forward.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
I can’t even believe what I witnessed.

For such a hardworking and electric third quarter to such a crap limp effort in the fourth quarter,
Just what the hell - ran out of legs? Didn’t get going til 2nd quarter!

Just such a waste and throw out the fitness guys please, our guys can barely play 2 quarters let alone 4

Reply #14
#2023believe
Let’s go BIG !