Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11218 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
Completely out coached.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
Q1 nerves
Q2 & 3 we came to play
Q4 we flop 😔

Reality is this group lacks mental hardness and panics and second guesses when the heat is applied. Would be kicked out of finals against any other team in there and not ready for it as hard as that sounds.

Q3 is a classic example. We had the momentum and they dropped the pressure off and we looked like world beaters when we get it our way. Then as we all knew they were going to play risky footy in the last 10 minutes and when that wave of pressure was applied we crumbled and folded like a pack of cards.

All we needed was a Bruest, Gunston, Elliott type that is cool and clutch when it matters and we play finals, As good as Charlie and Harry are they are not clutch forwards.  We gave out all but just don't have players who we can count on when it the really big moments. 

Reply #32
They have plenty of leg speed and run, the main thing we lack.

They got their running game going, we hacked it forward in hope.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #33
They got their running game going, we hacked it forward in hope.
Dominated clearances.

Sucked at delivering inside 50.

Its a simple game sometimes, and we failed at kicking to our forwards advantage and couldn't hit the scoreboard enough as a result.

Reply #34
Two minutes to go,  we have it at half forward.   All we needed was to spot up a short target...shot on goal,  minute used up.
At least keep possession - we give the ball up too easily.  

YES!! exactly right. I walked out the room at that point as i knew we would be giving the goal up as we cant think straight when it matters. This group is mentally weak and not sure if coaching can fix it. Reckon a player like Hewitt would have been very handy the last 2 weeks 

Reply #35
Can we have Princes Park smoked or what ever it is to break the curse. Similar to what the filth did many years ago.
It's gotta be something like this for all our bad luck.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #36
Finish ninth. Start the trading process. Start all surgeries. Start working on a build up to next season. This season as a fail. Sure it was an improvement on 2021. Still a fail in the end. Looking at it any other way is accepting less than playing finals football. We were top 4 with a reasonable gap from lower sides. Injuries make a difference but so does the space between the ears. I never saw us winning in the last round and was only amazed that we were in a place at the start of the last quarter to take the rewards. Season fail. Improvement on 2021 yes. However season fail. Start trading and drafting in those that need to compliment the current squad. Improve on what we have. Cut the passengers.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #37
YES!! exactly right. I walked out the room at that point as i knew we would be giving the goal up as we cant think straight when it matters. This group is mentally weak and not sure if coaching can fix it. Reckon a player like Hewitt would have been very handy the last 2 weeks
So true. Besides it being in Saads hands, and maybe Weiters, there is no one I am confident in to have composure. Not Cripps Not Doch, and no one else either.

Reply #38
Two minutes to go,  we have it at half forward.   All we needed was to spot up a short target...shot on goal,  minute used up.
At least keep possession - we give the ball up too easily.  

we learnt zero from last week, unfathomable.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
Priority 1 NRL tackiling coach
Priority 2 Mind coach
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #40
Big lesson from the last 2 weeks (and a few other weeks as well).
If you are only running at 99%, its not good enough.

Put the foot on the throat, and keep it there until the final siren.
Give the opposition half a chance and you will lose.

Last 2 weeks show that we can match it with the best, but still lack experience in big games. Hopefully, we don't need anymore learning moments and take the hint from here.

#blues for 2023!

Reply #41
we learnt zero from last week, unfathomable.
Charlie just had to spot a short target (and there was one), or even Durd's had to kick it long to just get a score

Reply #42
I suspect that learning how to handle clutch moments or the closing stages of tight matches takes longer than 1 week.

Reply #43
DON'T KNOW ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE BUT I'M SICK OF LEARNING I WANT WINNING  >:D

Reply #44
Small forwards been a bit messy all year and cost us twice in a row in big time games - think Motlop is the best small forward we have and probably need another.
Anyway three key mids were missing but Crippa, Doc and Setters had the better of that battle.
Boys got stage fright first half and froze - need experience and hopefully this game is in that direction. But the mistakes and cold feet last few minutes has been unbelievable past fortnight. Lost to a team that came 17th last year.
Continuity with players on the park and we are top four.