Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11193 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #150
We now have 12 months to wait to see if we make the finals for the first time in a decade!!! It's not about the preseason or round 1. We simply must make finals in 2023 and make a serious dint in the finals series.

This could be a learning curve, this past month in particular. This could make us hungrier, or this could have been our opportunity, our test, our time, and we missed it.

You simply cannot just assume we will make the finals next year.

It's bloody infuriating, flopping like we did, basically being comfortable getting close. Like I have said for a decade, close enough is NOT good enough. Period.

I have kids now wanting to barrack for other teams. We had a chance to keep young supporters, and we have blown it again for another year.

Reply #151
In theory.... the Cats got North and WC twice this year!
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #152
Opposition kicks 10 less points for the season and we are in. 10 lousy bloody points! Brisbane game, got back to within 15pts with 2 minutes to go and we give up 3 goals to lose by 33. Give up just one and we are in finals. Not to mention big leads given up early in the year for one kick wins.

Reply #153
We had a chance to keep young supporters, and we have blown it again for another year.
Not true in my house, in fact the opposite has happened and my youngest is now interested in footy and was complaining about the free kick robbing Cripps of a certain goal in the last 🥰 warmed my heart when she usually doesn’t even show a passive interest!

And my elder one has become more passionate, finally they’re getting a taste of real hatred and rivalry with the other big Vic Clubs!

Bring on 2023 - we were too injured this year and still too reliant on Cripps, surely Voss and Cooke have seen enough and will fix the problems!

💪🏼

Reply #154
Not true in my house, in fact the opposite has happened and my youngest is now interested in footy and was complaining about the free kick robbing Cripps of a certain goal in the last 🥰 warmed my heart when she usually doesn’t even show a passive interest!

And my elder one has become more passionate, finally they’re getting a taste of real hatred and rivalry with the other big Vic Clubs!

Bring on 2023 - we were too injured this year and still too reliant on Cripps, surely Voss and Cooke have seen enough and will fix the problems!

💪🏼
Agree Micky, my little one (25yo) has never been more passionate. As disappointed as we were yesterday trudging out of the ground enduring all the Filth celebrations, we both said "bring on 2023".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #155
Record membership coming imo - the devastation will bring people closer to the club and support it.

Top 4 or failed year

Reply #156
Let's face it, we all gave Collingwood supporters the finger after we came back from 44 pts down in the 70 GF, we all cheered loudly when Harmsey order 3 beer while retrieving the ball in the GF of '81 and hands up those who DIDN'T have a wry smile on their face when Dom Sheed threaded the eye of a needle in the 2018 Granny??

We trip and stumble at times, but not in Grand Finals like some teams. Next flag, Blues or Pies? You'd want to make it this year Maggies (which you won't) because we are hungry like the wolf!!

Reply #157
Just read interesting information.
2022: most players used
WC 37
Carlton 37

Not sure how accurate but seems about right. I know folks say injuries are no excuse, but compare the pair.
2021 9 v 13
2022 17 v 9

On top of my wish list. A list with "average" health instead of what we've had in recent years.

Go Blues 2023
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #158
Just read interesting information.
2022: most players used
WC 37
Carlton 37

Not sure how accurate but seems about right. I know folks say injuries are no excuse, but compare the pair.
2021 9 v 13
2022 17 v 9

On top of my wish list. A list with "average" health instead of what we've had in recent years.

Go Blues 2023

Injuries absolutely play a part - take Melbournes three of six best midfielders out and they will crumble like no tomorrow.

Reply #159
Injuries absolutely play a part - take Melbournes three of six best midfielders out and they will crumble like no tomorrow.

We saw what happened when May was out!
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #160
Another cracking game of footy unfortunately, our boys only turned up half way through the second quarter, and left half way through the last.  Collingwood did a lot of little things well.  Voss was excellent in the press conference.  It was great to see the disappointment of the players - they know they had plenty of opportunity to get into the 8 but stuffed it up - basically many moments throughout the season in games which may not have mattered in that game itself, but overall had an effect on where we finished.  (Yes, there were moments that did matter in games).  We won a couple of close ones.  Lost a couple of close ones, as others have said, if ultimately our defence was 10 points better (<.5 points a games) we were in.

Some players surprised from last season - not many players went backwards.  What the changes are off season remain to be seen -  I think we only need to make three, but with Jones, Williamson gone, possibly Ed C off the list, there they are.

This will drive the team to be better next year.

Reply #161
Bet Durdin would love to have his final kick again. Don’t know who he was looking for, but it was someone who didn’t go there. Backwards to keep possession would have been good!

Reply #162

💪🏼

Ir's definitely true for others I know also. This is just anther year of disappointment for my kids, me too. It's not just 2022. Many others also.
Let's see how many kids we keep supporting the Club if we keep missing finals!

Reply #163
Ir's definitely true for others I know also. This is just anther year of disappointment for my kids, me too. It's not just 2022. Many others also.
Let's see how many kids we keep supporting the Club if we keep missing finals!

In the past, the club has sold bulls$&t hope, now it is genuine hope. Watch how many Charlie Curnows  and Sammy Walshes turn up at Aus Kick next year. There is pride being restored with being associated with Carlton and it should be a time of real optimism and positive anticipation!

Reply #164
Carlton dominated our Auskick this year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!