Skip to main content
Topic: CSC Facebook Page (Read 5779 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from SPAM

Re: CSC Facebook Page

Reply #60
The supporter base on the web is being segmented, partly this is because the club itself failed to take the lead and either adopt or support sites like our own. the club was either a bit short-sighted or paranoid about liability.

Lot's of the FB sites are trying to be "exclusive" by making their content private, and if you try to cross link or promote another site they'll ban you, they are a bit full of themselves.

A smart thing for this site might have been to adopt the AFLW more whole-heartedly and become the hub for fans, post some exclusive content, etc., etc., but it would require changes to how we handle attachments and links. It's not trivial or cheap to make a site usable for short videos and functional, most kids are Insta-based, it's hard for a text based site like this to compete.

Kids don't read anymore, they watch a video about how to type a resumé! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61

Delete
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
I think two very pertinent posts there Lods and LP, heartening that you get it.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #65
If a FB page was considered an effective way to generate additional traffic to this site then it would be foolhardy not to trial the idea.

However, prior to doing it, then some of the potential pitfalls need to acknowledged so that contingencies can be put in place should the existence of the FB page have a detrimental effect overall.

Added to that and this goes to the heart of why people are suggesting a FB page be created, there needs to be a dedicated recruiting campaign put in place very shortly. With the new season upon us, there is excitement & anticipation in the air and that is the best time to lure new faces in.

I would recommend that someone on the management/moderator team be tasked with coming up with a short bullet-point list of things that can be done to promote CSC overall. There may need to be the creation of a 2-3 person team who's sole role is to implement & oversee that recruiting push.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #66
I have just gone on to FB and searched both 'CSC' & 'Carlton Supporters Club' and no page was forthcoming, however, around 8-9 other fan pages came up.  :(

To that end, is a FB page going to get lost in the plethora of other options already in existence. 

Is the existence of too many FB pages actually an opportunity to gather lapsed posters to a 'merged entity' and then in turn, over to here ??

Reply #67
Are you sure you searched fb ?
Have you read this thread ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #68
https://www.facebook.com/bluesnewsandviews

This page has not had any new activity since 2020 yet there are 3.3K followers to the page.

https://www.facebook.com/SirPatrickCripps

Here's another page that appears to be defunct since 2018 (given it is based around one player it shouldn't suprise anyone) but has 1.4K followers.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/956555811041972

This page is way more active  and has 13,216 members.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PassionateBluesSupporters

8,035 members and the topics discussed are all over place. 

Reply #69
Zwarry has invited several old CSCers to join the FB page

I was looking online based on this comment.

Reply #70
I have just gone on to FB and searched both 'CSC' & 'Carlton Supporters Club' and no page was forthcoming, however, around 8-9 other fan pages came up.  :(

To that end, is a FB page going to get lost in the plethora of other options already in existence. 

Is the existence of too many FB pages actually an opportunity to gather lapsed posters to a 'merged entity' and then in turn, over to here ??

I use Bing as my search engine
CSC is the first thing that comes up when I  type in Carlton supporters
But as someone mentioned before that may have something to do with the way the search engine gathers information. As I use this site a lot so it shows up for me but maybe not so much others..
Interestingly this topic on CSC shows up on the second page of my Bing search.

On facebook try entering just "Carlton  Supporters".
Once again it might be the algorithm ...but it's second on the list for me.

Reply #71
I typed "Carlton supporters" into facebook and this one came up as 13th!

Reply #73
Hi Guys, just an update on the fb group.

There’s been pretty limited interaction and even though some old csc posters are fb members they for their own reasons don’t seem to be contributing on fb or back here as yet.

I’ve decided to “pause” our fb group and restart another group.
This new group will have a “public” profile, which I’m hoping will increase our profile/search/viewability within the fb community.
I believe the main difference between the two group settings is that the public setting allows non group members to read comments and see who the author is… of course individual fb members can choose their own privacy levels should they wish.

CSC forum posters should remember that they can join and interact with the fb group without divulging their CSC Username and for that matter could create a fb profile with their CSC username to post in the csc fb group if that was their want… 😎

*Edit:
Just to clarify, the purpose of the fb group is to direct people back to the CSC Forum.
Comment within the fb group is welcome but the CSC forum allows greater depth imho.

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/groups/661159469158175/?ref=share_group_link
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #74
Folks
The idea of the facebook page is to encourage an increase in membership here in the main forum.
It's also a pretty useful back-up should the forum encounter some issues.
If people feel comfortable they should at least register.
As NB points out you can create a profile that doesn't identify you.
A one line comment here or there won't impact on the forum's traffic but may spark the interest of some newbies who will then gravitate to the main forum.
It's now an open public forum and an increase in participation may have an impact on the 'search' aspect.