Skip to main content
Topic: When did we go soft on paedophiles?? (Read 1579 times) previous topic - next topic

When did we go soft on paedophiles??

"Sexual penetration of a child under 16, related to the abuse of a 14-year-old at his then-home in Coburg in Melbourne's north, in 2005." 

Will avoid jail!!! 

Re: When did we go soft on paedophiles??

Reply #1
Disgusting.

Our courts are a joke and it has reached a point where there is no option but for relatives to take matters into their own hands if crimes go unpunished.

My life would be over if that sort of thing happened to one of mine and i knew i could get to him.  

Reply #2
Unbelievable. Appalling message in every respect. This must be appealed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
Disgusting.

Our courts are a joke and it has reached a point where there is no option but for relatives to take matters into their own hands if crimes go unpunished.

My life would be over if that sort of thing happened to one of mine and i knew i could get to him.  

x 2. Just the thought of that happening to any child, let alone one of my children, makes my boil and feel utter uncontrollable rage. Utter filthy sub human garbage.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
Jumping the gun a bit.

Joffa hasn’t been sentenced yet but the beak did indicate that a suspended sentence was on the cards.

I suspect that pressure might be brought to bear, particularly after the victim’s harrowing story.

On a related note, an old Koori friend of mine, known as Crazy Cat, was a regular guest of Her Majesty in his younger days.  He told me that, on one occasion, he was summoned to the governor’s office and told that a certain prisoner would be in the exercise yard at a particular time, no prison officers would be around and the gate would be unlocked. Of course Crazy Cat knew that the prisoner was a rock spider and arranged a beating. 

I suspect that Joffa would get similar treatment if he did get a custodial sentence.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Time served might be a factor.  Who knows what's happened to him whilst proceedings are underway 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Time served might be a factor.  Who knows what's happened to him whilst proceedings are underway

Joffa has been on bail so no time served.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
12 months suspended sentence.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #9
In 2019, he was appointed as coach of the Altona Juniors U/16s. In hindsight, bad appointment. He lost the players/parents and was given the flick before the season finished.

Reply #10
12 months suspended sentence.

I’m not sure that pleading guilty (after delaying proceedings), doing good works, and being in poor health can cancel out the pain and suffering of the victim and his family.

Joffa should be behind bars, even if it’s only for a couple of months.

Reply #11
I’m not sure that pleading guilty (after delaying proceedings), doing good works, and being in poor health can cancel out the pain and suffering of the victim and his family.

Joffa should be behind bars, even if it’s only for a couple of months.

For a couple of months!!!! Are you serious.

Would you think the same if he abused one of your young family member to be given a ‘few months’ as punishment? Surely not.

The poor child nearly certainly will have a life time of issues because of this rock spider. Sorry mate but a couple of months doesn’t cut it.

They locked up the melb supporter for 6 months for flying into Perth to watch a footy game a few years ago and then decide to let off piece of sh1te abusing an innocent child.

The world is seriously warped.

Reply #12
I remain flabbergasted, and best not say any more.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
A breathtaking verdict. Apparently significantly influenced by character references from a number of prominent citizens.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
Was featured on current affair tonight on CH9, the lenient sentence will probably be appealed.
Just an appalling decision really and the poor victims life has been ruined.
@Cookie ...Hard to fathom how character references from prominent persons override the victims lifelong suffering.