Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 2 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong (Read 5251 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 2 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #15
It's only one game but.... the ability to hold on after letting the last few slip was outstanding.
Congratulations to the coaches and the leaders 👏🏼
Leadership was important, thought Cripps was very good and Ed really surprised with his game.
As I said I thought Geelong missed Selwood in this area and they dont look like as assured without him to me..

Reply #16
I admit I was not confident and even while leading in the last it felt like it was the same mistakes occurring again. But reckon we got an ounce of luck when Bowes missed from 15 out which would have made it under a goal with 5 plus minutes left we could have easily wobbled with that much pressure but that miss allowed us to reset and from then on we looked more settled.
Still tons to improve on but a win is a win and without Walsh and hewitt it’s even better. I hate the cats so any win against them is a good one.

Another positive is I dont believe we are anywhere near our best in what we can do yet even at this standard against decent opposition in the first 2 rounds we are still very tough to beat which is a good sign.

We are a still building and if we can slowly chalk up enough wins to make finals we could be a very dangerous team if we all click at the right time of the year.

Off to have my celebratory scotch.

Reply #17
Having a view on the wing all game I thought Ed Curnow was BOG
he was in every contest you expect Walshy to be in.
Cant wait to get Walshy and George back.
What a great Win.

Reply #18
Just finished the ladder predictor. I have us making the Prelim.

Reply #21
Just finished the ladder predictor. I have us making the Prelim.

Lid off then? 😄
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
Our 3rd was quality. Being at the ground, you could feel their confidence grow and you could tell they smelt blood. Nearly farked it again in the last but held on for a good win against quality (dont care what people say, Geel will be there abouts when the whips and cracking).
How many farken;
- smoothered kicks
- dropped sitters (thats you Gov). The bloke is blind, Im convinced.

I apologise unreservedly for the crap I have said about Cameron. Watching him live, his workrate and accuracy is off the charts.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
Crippa fired this week and his leadership really stood out. I was impressed with the mids in general play. Particularly as we didn't dominate the clearances.

The Ed Charlie gig is really fun to watch. Speaking of Ed. He turned back the clock. Most impressed 👏🏼

The backs were rock solid again with some great defensive efforts from the wingers. Acres played like we hoped he would and Dutchy is a ripper. He had more ks than anyone at one stage.

Charlie was Charlie while his H brother played a game winning role in the last 5m. The smalls were on point. The pressure was great all over the ground.
I love Adam Saad - thanks drugcheats.

Henry Ford.

Reply #25
I'll be happy if we can back up and beat GWS and make this win count.

That's more like it. Lid on.
Henry Ford.

Reply #26
I'll be happy if we can back up and beat GWS and make this win count.
This.
All the hard work of the past two weeks needs to be solidified with a strong win against teams we should beat. No excuses. The Adelaide game from last year still hurts me.

Reply #27
That win will give the players a real boost in self confidence.   I was impressed with Acres.  He showed a cool head under pressure and his disposal was very good.

Reply #28
That win will give the players a real boost in self confidence.   I was impressed with Acres.  He showed a cool head under pressure and his disposal was very good.

Re: Acres
Yes he was. Let's put last week down to debutante nerves
Henry Ford.

Reply #29
TDK getting more expensive by the week…
Let’s go BIG !