Skip to main content
Topic: Former Blue Tayla Harris pummelled  (Read 879 times) previous topic - next topic

Former Blue Tayla Harris pummelled

Tayla had the tripe belted out of her by Millicent Agboegbulen in their super welterweight bout. 

I didn’t watch the fight but Tayla’s battered face suggests that her technique needs work if she’s going up against girls who can box.  And then there’s CTE …
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Former Blue Tayla Harris pummelled

Reply #1
Just watched some highlights on YouTube and that hit came with 1 minute left in the 8th and final round of the fight.
That was the last of 3 big right hand hits she ate over the course of the fight.
To her credit, she took it well.

Judges scorecards were a bit random, one judge awarded it as a draw, another had her losing by 7. The third in the middle.

Cleared of any major damage though.

Reply #2
I watched it last night.  Tayla was competitive and landed some decent shots.  Millie seemed dazed at one point and turned her back.

However, Millie’s right hand did a lot of damage and Tayla’s corner was working on her swollen cheek and forehead from early in the fight.  The ref had a good look at Tayla when she called a timeout and warned her for holding.

The judges’ scores were random but the result was fair.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Ouch!

Reply #4
From the highlights not a lot of technique in that fight, both were swinging like dunny doors and Tayla had a tendency to walk into big rights.

Milli had Tayla covered for speed, but based on the outcome Milli lacks punching power. I say that because just one good shot in the style Tayla walked into more than once should really end a fight.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Can't say I didn't enjoy watching her get pummelled to be honest #notafan
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Can't say I didn't enjoy watching her get pummelled to be honest #notafan

Why are people so unkind? 🤣

Reply #7
Why are people so unkind? 🤣
Some people just grind my gears, she is one of them.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Some people just grind my gears, she is one of them.

There are times when I don’t mind Tayla … and times when I do.  The former occurred more frequently when she was in navy blue.