Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6406 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #106
we are the soft team /players  can some 1 name a tough player at carlton
Absolute garbage post.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107
My point is we don't have anyone like Maynard for example who wants to rip your head off if you go the knuckle on the Daicos kids.
We have a lot of nice boys playing for us who play nice polite football.Brave at the ball but in terms of brawling and being able to intimidate it's not how we play and hasnt been for a while.
The Crows exposed us last year when they went after the man and players like Walker and Fogarty think they can bully and intimidate us....
The old successful Carlton wouldn't tolerate it but we have been other teams bitches for a while.

SOS, Doc and Newmy are the first two short tempered ones that come to mind in our side that will get straight into the oppos grills when a scuffle breaks out or something untoward happens. Cripps shows aggression when provoked also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #108
Last year we looked more aggressive across the board, this year not so much.

But we've got Cottrell and Owies back who lift the aggression, Cincotta looked good at first but lost a bit of confidence.

Newman doesn't take a back step, and Cowan. McGovern and Walsh while not actively nasty but they don't take a back step.

Charlie is reasonable.

BigH has a nasty streak we haven't really seen yet, just ask his brother!

Not sure soft is the correct way to describe the team, hesitance can make players look timid, but to me it's more about lost confidence.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #109
No-one walks a fine line perhaps?

Reply #110
The best ways to hurt and put fear into any opponent is in the contest and on the scoreboard. A ruthless attack on the aggot is the very best form of aggression.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #112
Absolute garbage post.

To be fair to Pew2, I think hes talking about someone who will run through someone in their pursuit of the ball and intimidate opponents... Mitch Robinson was our last and he certainly wasn't "Nasty"
The players you listed are all hard and courageous but nasty, intimidating, scary, no.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #113
The best ways to hurt and put fear into any opponent is in the contest and on the scoreboard. A ruthless attack on the aggot is the very best form of aggression.
Agreed, cause the opposition stress and it's their heart rate that will rise, accelerating their fatigue, and so you are better off.

Some of the old submariners poking around here must know all about the effects of stress and the rate of oxygen consumption, I know my associates who dive seem to get much longer from a full tank than any newbie, it's all about oxygen consumption and staying clam in the moment! ;)

It's no accident Cripps was seen at 1/2-time asking his team-mates to calm down two weeks back, if you don't you end up exhausted.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #114
Agreed, cause the opposition stress and it's their heart rate that will rise, accelerating their fatigue, and so you are better off.

Some of the old submariners poking around here must know all about the effects of stress and the rate of oxygen consumption, I know my associates who dive seem to get much longer from a full tank than any newbie, it's all about oxygen consumption and staying clam in the moment! ;)

It's no accident Cripps was seen at 1/2-time asking his team-mates to calm down two weeks back, if you don't you end up exhausted.

Yep, let us be the pressure appliers this week - proactive.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #115
In: T.De Koning, J.Boyd, Z.Fisher
Out: None

Reply #117
Ed Curnow will take Nick Daicos as per the practice match. Only other change might be Boyd for Cincotta, with Fisher as sub

Reply #118
I reckon they all might play too.....

Or none of them...Hewett, Kennedy, Owies, Cincotta, Cottrell...They're the emegencies...Who misses out?

Reply #119
Certainly not Owies or Cottrell based on last week. Maybe Hewett?