Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6048 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #136
Fisher did not play reserves last week so surely cannot come back in.  And Boyd was ordinary and needs another week.

Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #137
Fisher did not play reserves last week so surely cannot come back in.  And Boyd was ordinary and needs another week.
Agree about Boyd, I haven't seen anything at VFL level that suggests a promotion.

Fisher was OK in his last VFL game, but still wasted a lot of footy.

Maybe the naming of Fisher and Boyd is related to other players being borderline to get up for the weekend.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138
I feel this is our week, this is our time, we have been battered from pillar to post. If not for the Clarkson event this week it would have all about us. Well fark em all, let's get it done, re-boot our season and give everyone something to think about rather than something to say. Get it in quick to Harry and get him on the board early and that will get us going I reckon. There are areas we can expose them in, capitalise! They are in red hot form but surely we are far better than what we have shown in recent weeks.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #139
Can't see Fisher coming into the 22 if Owies, Motlop and Durdin are all in there.....maybe he can play on a wing if Acres or Hollands were to go out for any reason. Not a bad sub option though for a bit of pace and fresh legs in the last quarter if nothing else.

Reply #140
ok

Reply #141
I feel this is our week, this is our time, we have been battered from pillar to post. If not for the Clarkson event this week it would have all about us. Well fark em all, let's get it done, re-boot our season and give everyone something to think about rather than something to say. Get it in quick to Harry and get him on the board early and that will get us going I reckon. There are areas we can expose them in, capitalise! They are in red hot form but surely we are far better than what we have shown in recent weeks.
Go Blues.
They are due to lose and are ultra cocky....we usually do ok when its backs to the wall and provide extra effort and with them being so cocky and confident we can surprise them. Doesnt mean we are back in town if we win its more about the timing and catching them snoozing thinking they just have to turn up to beat us.
Im expecting Sam Walsh to have a big game as he usually does ok vs the Pies and racks up some big numbers. He is a quality player whose impact on games as been minimal since returning and that has to to turn around and I think along with Cripps they can provide the foundation for a win.
As I said before I think Harry can finish off their work given he will probably have a much smaller player on him and if it rains a bit I think that will help slow the Pies down and prevent help any miracle comebacks.
The Daicos kids have to have an off day soon as do their golden oldies in Pendles and Sidebottom, and Cox hopefully played his one good game in five last week  and reverts back to being a lamppost for this game.
Nothing like beating Collingwood and Essendon to turn a season around and thats what I am hoping for.....

Reply #142
AFL site saying some doubt over Johnson and Ginnivan....flu.

Reply #143
AFL site saying some doubt over Johnson and Ginnivan....flu.
Happy to see both of them missing and sometimes things fall into place when you need them too...no Johnson would really weaken their tall stocks down forward and he has developed into a key player for them so very handy if he is flu affected.

Reply #144
Possibly why Cameron has been named in the squad.

Reply #145
Changes from Round 23 2022
Out:
Stocker, Setterfield, Martin, Marchbank, Fisher, Newnes, O'Brien, Williams
In:
Newman, Acres, Hollands, E Curnow, Walsh, Kennedy, Hewett, Boyd.

Better off  personnel wise, but just needs to find top gear!!

Reply #146
Hewett and Cincotta out....Boyd in. Hewett the sub by the looks.

Reply #147
Possibly why Cameron has been named in the squad.
They are missing Frampton too and very light on for size down back so Cameron back is a bit of desperation as he has no match practice and I couldnt see him being able to run out a full game. If we cant beat them this time with their injuries then I doubt we will for a while.

Reply #148
And Kreuger as well EB....he played a few games earlier when they were down a few talls.

Reply #149
Hewett and Cincotta out....Boyd in. Hewett the sub by the looks.
Reckon the Sheik might get his wish and Saad plays further up the ground with Boyd starting down back......be handy if Ginnivan doesnt play too.