Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6295 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #150
Hewett and Cincotta out....Boyd in. Hewett the sub by the looks.

Good changes. George looks knackered/out of sorts.  Cincotta had a howler but gave the club plenty of good moments in his journey. Boyds foot skills are really good so is Cincotta's btw.

Reply #151
Hewitt confirmed as the sub.

So its Cincotta for Boyd
Ed Curnow swaps sub duties with Hewitt.

Rotation policy of giving mids a mini rest continues.....and i like that. Kennedy (x2), Curnow and Hewitt have all had rests now. Its working better than Honey and LOB as subs who offered nothing.

Reply #152
Hewitt confirmed as the sub.

So its Cincotta for Boyd
Ed Curnow swaps sub duties with Hewitt.

Rotation policy of giving mids a mini rest continues.....and i like that. Kennedy (x2), Curnow and Hewitt have all had rests now. Its working better than Honey and LOB as subs who offered nothing.

It also helps with the problem of too many slower inside mids for the whole game. However I would have pulled the trigger earlier on Kennedy in the Brisbane game.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #153
I'm expecting late changes.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #155
I just read an article from 7 news about Ginnivan and Johnson being sent home with a bit of "man flu".

Given all the other PC jargon floating around what do we think about the term man flu?  Personally I think it'd a way of saying that men shouldn't show weakness of any form unless they're dieing and taking the micky out of any male who is under the weather.  This is a bit of a problem in the context of modern society where respect is supposed to flow both ways.  Only the person is ill knows how they feel and if they are feeling crook labelling it man flu is a way of minimising it and telling them they should be soldiering on. 

Personally I've associated it with being called a wuss and generally a way of society not accepting vulnerability from males. 

A bit of a faux par in context of modern society that continues to bubble away with scant regard. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #156
Fair article from Malthouse
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/mick-malthouse-on-carltons-issues-and-how-michael-voss-can-avoid-scrutiny-from-offfield-heavy-hitters/news-story/dc22fa0a46c1acd22f5b5556097b9c47

What Malthouse doesn't (or fails to realise) is that it really is a different club to when he got the ass. The board "maffia" is a thing of the past IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #157
I have no issue with the term "man flu", either directed at me personally or in general usage.

Reply #158
Malthouse is right but I don't think the Pies would have been happy with the last line lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #159
MacRae was tongue in cheek with the man flu comments. Did hear rumours either Sidebottom or Pendlebury isn't well either..

Reply #160
MacRae was tongue in cheek with the man flu comments. Did hear rumours either Sidebottom or Pendlebury isn't well either..

Be handy is that pair were out but even so they are so well drilled I doubt it will do much but maybe keep us in the game for a little longer before they run over us.
No faith at all based on our form all year we have any chance to beat this mob.

Reply #161
Be handy is that pair were out but even so they are so well drilled I doubt it will do much but maybe keep us in the game for a little longer before they run over us.
No faith at all based on our form all year we have any chance to beat this mob.
Got a lot of things going right for us in terms of their injuries, illness, rebound factor after a poor loss.I'd be very disappointed if we can't win this game and  convincingly too...

Reply #162
Got a lot of things going right for us in terms of their injuries, illness, rebound factor after a poor loss.I'd be very disappointed if we can't win this game and  convincingly too...

You are going to be very disappointed.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #163
You are going to be very disappointed.

If we cant beat them tomorrow given the positives in our favour then we dont deserve to be playing finals.
I always view Coll vs Carlton games independent of form and ladder position and feel its our turn for a win this time.

Reply #164

If we cant beat them tomorrow given the positives in our favour then we dont deserve to be playing finals.
I always view Coll vs Carlton games independent of form and ladder position and feel its our turn for a win this time.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not confident though but hope to be proven wrong.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.