Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 2510 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
Carlton is the crapiest team of ALL crapiest teams EVER!
Get given sooooo many chances and just piss them up the wall.
Supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL TEAM! ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #61
To be fair, does the rule protect someone who’s running with the flight of the ball or the guy running at the ball?

My understanding is that the guy running with the flight can get away with anything if he marks it
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #63
My understanding is that the guy running with the flight can get away with anything if he marks it
Given Sidebottom got nowhere near the ball, you could call that an unrealistic attempt to mark it as well.

Reply #64
Anyone who’s questioning effort is not watching

Pretty clear its a talent issue.

Scoreboard alone shows you that.

For all the negatives out of today, if the accuracy was reversed, we'd be loving life.
Same amount of scoring shots....just not accurate.

Reply #65
Watch it again.
Had he taken it out of the ruck, he would've been tackled before he disposed of it.
Instead he punched it into space, towards the boundary/our forward line where we had a player running into it. Pies player got it first.
Lol. Do you really think pit has the brain to think all that in a split second. Not a fking chance.
I know he’s your love child but he is a dumb clumsy footballer buddy. Stop defending and call it as it is.
I rated McGovern but today i realised I’m also beating a dead horse. It’s ok not to be right every single time.

Reply #66
Didn’t Sidebottom punch the ball?

Reply #67
If you don't expect much you don't get disappointed.
Never thought we'd win, so I don't feel upset or angry anymore.

Reply #68
They are just holding us. They are in 2nd gear and we are busting our balls.
I agree the effort is there but the prob is one team is a top 2 team the other is a bottom 6 team.

Reply #69
Lol. Do you really think pit has the brain to think all that in a split second. Not a fking chance.

A split second? The ump yelled no collingwood ruck about 10 times! He had plenty of time to realise he was one-out.
Its not rocket science. If given the chance, punch the ball forward. Jamie Charman made a career out of it and won a few (3?) flags as a result!

Reply #70
When do we play West Coast again!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #71
Phantom....just our luck all their key players will probably be back by then. I wouldn't be pencilling that one in just yet.

Reply #72
5.13 tells a story too. No composure going forward. Given Darcy Moore a picnic just bombing it high. Lower your eyes FFS

Reply #73
19 scoring shots each.

Reply #74
Many years ago there was a comment, i think by Brettie, that summed up a game perfectly.

It was against the dogs and it involved Brian Lake. I'll paraphrase to sum up todays effort.

"As best as i can tell, our game plan is to kick it to Brian Lake Darcy Moore and hope his jumper changes colour".