Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Sydney (Read 3634 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 11 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #75
We kicked 1.4 that quarter including an OOF or 2? Seriously nothing has changed. Effort can't fault it but the skills are shizen beyond belief

Reply #76
Goal kicking practice next week.....for everyone!

They practice they are just not good enough. Simple as that. Their foot skills are just not there.

Reply #77
Seriously this ground is a joke. How small is it?

We've kicked how many ootf? 😮‍💨
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
They practice they are just not good enough. Simple as that. Their foot skills are just not there.

They don't practice enough. They are not allowed to. The S+C coaches don't want them to tear something by having too many shots on goal.

Dunstall has been banging on about this for years.

Reply #79
Lack of confidence is killing this team. They have the yips with almost every facet of the game.

Reply #80
Should be 4 goals up.......Francis on Curnow means we just have to kick it to Charlie because the former is a spud and cant go with him. Charlie should kick 5 plus after half time if we get him the ball.
Good game from Weitering this week, Heeney on the ball has been a bit of a nuisance, thought he might have played forward.
Whoever is on Wicks needs a kick up the Ar$e as well, just stay on your man and dont allow easy goals...

Reply #81
Lack of confidence is killing this team. They have the yips with almost every facet of the game.
Harrys confidence is zero.

Give him a week off. Play TDK as our FF/CHF. Can't do any worse.

Reply #82
I dont know what everyone else has seen, but I'm seeing lots of shirked contests, chases given up on, lots of long bomb kicking to nowhere, and a spectacular ability to make the easy look difficult.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #83
Someone should be ironing out rowbottom too.  Dirty prick.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #84
Harrys confidence is zero.

Give him a week off. Play TDK as our FF/CHF. Can't do any worse.

Maybe. They just need a lick of the ice cream, some reward for effort. A win or two will work wonders IMO

Reply #85
We might be be trying harder tonight but really this is more of the same. Poor I50, missed goals  and poor transition into defence. Another loss coming unless we can change this.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #86
I dont know what everyone else has seen, but I'm seeing lots of shirked contests, chases given up on, lots of long bomb kicking to nowhere, and a spectacular ability to make the easy look difficult.

Thought the contesting has been alright but the Swans are playing that scrubby SCG style game that leads to a lot of errors and wild kicks from packs etc. Just need to clear out the forward line and leave Charlie alone with his man...

Reply #87
Boyd is giving us the run off the back line, makes a difference. Newman is fixing up Papley and Weiters is finding some form. Backs are having a crack! Just kick straight!!!

Reply #88
So agree. We are so much better than Sydney talent wise but skills wise, at the moment, deplorable.

Now skills are bound to confidence so Vossy ffs please let the boys off the stupid handballing game plan and let them go for it!

The loping handball is banned, as of now.

Kicking in front of goal for a minor score or OOTF - not allowed.

I feel sorry for them. You cannot tell Me the players don’t have the skills, they wouldn’t be there if they didn’t (Altho Ed Curnow please do not kick again).

Coaches or skills coaches not coaching to the teams strengths. I’m still Team Voss but a problem has crept in that needs to be curtailed asap!

Reply #89
Maybe. They just need a lick of the ice cream, some reward for effort. A win or two will work wonders IMO

He doesn't want to have shots at goal though. He looks like he is crapting himself.
I don't think i've seen him smile in a month. He appears to be hating football right not.

Release the pressure. Give him a break.