Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 12 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 6054 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 12 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
And just to show the problems have existed for a while, our rank for each of those items in each previous year was:
      I50   Accuracy   Goals/I50
2023   3   18         15
2022   10   16         13
2021   12   15         9
2020   8   14         15

Wish I knew how to post formatted tables in this bloody thing

Ignoring goalkicking for now.
It's our i50 that gives me a bit of hope. It's how it comes out of i50 that shatters said hope. That puts pressure on our defence that we can't contain. Rinse and repeat. We run ourselves in cicles and our confidence takes a battering.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
Cerra Out, 1 match ban
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
Cerra Out, 1 match ban
Probably the best we could expect based on recent history, but we should still demand our players maintain a more aggressive focus on the opposition, otherwise our size and strength is wasted.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Cerra is desperately unlucky to be banned over a tackle. He should have avoided tackling as his team mates do.

Reply #34
Pack it up.  Crippps will miss, Durds looked sore. Time to play Lemmey, Binns, Marchbank and host of other newbs. Club has some big list decisions to make. Let's use the remainder of the season to figure out who stays and goes.
I don't think Lemmey is up to VFL standard yet and it would be cruel to stick him in the AFL team - the big kid needs time to develop.

Reply #35
I said it last week, Ill say it again, given season is all but over, time to experiment. Lets have a look at some of Cincotta (extended run), Binns, Cowan, Akuei (Im serious), Dow, Fog, Mirkov, Lemmey (not sure what he did after 1/2 time last night).
You can't be serious - Akuei wouldn't be getting a game in the VFL if he wasn't on the AFL list.

Reply #36
“There are no words to describe how incredibly disappointed and down right [censored] off I am.
Everyone from the coaches to the players (bar a small few) should be ashamed of this gutless performance. “

“How about we find our b#@_! And start sticking tackles”

“I need a new hobby. I’m thinking something like basket weaving”. 

“I think we might just be an average team. Fwd line is non existent
general team connection just not there “

“i can’t help but think we are wasting a list”

“Play the kids. Pick up the phone to Dimma”

“Such an uninspiring team and coaching staff, everyone is down on form, backline couldn’t catch a cold , just continue to bomb into the forward 50, never lower you eyes. Such a waste of talent in this team.”

“It’s one thing losing a game when you have a rubbish list. It’s another to keep losing games with a list capable of so so much more.”

“I haven't been this angry after a loss for quite some time. Today was a [censored] joke, we never ever looked like getting to goal. There are players out there who look like downright garbage right now.”

“maybe some of the apologists here might stop making excuses for how poorly we are travelling? Are we still learning?? Maybe it's ok to follow a team who is not as terrible as we were for so many years? It's ok as long as we can beat up on 16th-18th team.”

“We’re wasting our generational talent. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm certainly angry. That was [censored].”

“We’ve become way too easy to coach against, and have no plan B. Gotta clean out the assistants too.”

“I feel stunned. To look at our team on paper we look so good. Somethings wrong and i think it has to be on the coaches heads.”

Post match on a Carlton forum? ::)
Nope...First couple of post match pages on "Demonland"
Not really looking forward to next week :(

Reply #37
Officially bottom 6 half way point in the season
Fun times.

Reply #38
Therein lies the problem with supporters in general.

Reply #39
This will either be a win for the ages or a 100 point loss.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
This will either be a win for the ages or a 100 point loss.
I dont think it will be a smashing but we will fall short...again.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
Not good enough I can handle, rubbish selections followed by a gutless effort will create a lot of heat on Voss.  "Lost the players" blah blah blah
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #42
“There are no words to describe how incredibly disappointed and down right [censored] off I am.
Everyone from the coaches to the players (bar a small few) should be ashamed of this gutless performance. “

“How about we find our b#@_! And start sticking tackles”

“I need a new hobby. I’m thinking something like basket weaving”. 

“I think we might just be an average team. Fwd line is non existent
general team connection just not there “

“i can’t help but think we are wasting a list”

“Play the kids. Pick up the phone to Dimma”

“Such an uninspiring team and coaching staff, everyone is down on form, backline couldn’t catch a cold , just continue to bomb into the forward 50, never lower you eyes. Such a waste of talent in this team.”

“It’s one thing losing a game when you have a rubbish list. It’s another to keep losing games with a list capable of so so much more.”

“I haven't been this angry after a loss for quite some time. Today was a [censored] joke, we never ever looked like getting to goal. There are players out there who look like downright garbage right now.”

“maybe some of the apologists here might stop making excuses for how poorly we are travelling? Are we still learning?? Maybe it's ok to follow a team who is not as terrible as we were for so many years? It's ok as long as we can beat up on 16th-18th team.”

“We’re wasting our generational talent. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm certainly angry. That was [censored].”

“We’ve become way too easy to coach against, and have no plan B. Gotta clean out the assistants too.”

“I feel stunned. To look at our team on paper we look so good. Somethings wrong and i think it has to be on the coaches heads.”

Post match on a Carlton forum? ::)
Nope...First couple of post match pages on "Demonland"
Not really looking forward to next week :(
Is this from a Melbourne forum?? 😂

Reply #43
Is this from a Melbourne forum?? 😂

Yep
'Demonland' after the loss to Freo.
You would probably find the same on their BigFooty branch.

Reply #44
Demons by 36
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.