Skip to main content
Topic: NRL SOO Game 1 2023 (Read 1636 times) previous topic - next topic

NRL SOO Game 1 2023

Maroons showed some ticker to win one man down.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: NRL SOO Game 1 2023

Reply #1
Never been a big NRL fan but must say the SOO are worth watching. Brutal game and when close is pretty exciting.

Reply #2
Never been a big NRL fan but must say the SOO are worth watching. Brutal game and when close is pretty exciting.
Same, SOO are the only games I watch all year, the brutality (which I love) goes up a notch I reckon. even the commentators make their loyalties abundantly clear. Fantastic.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #3
It'd be fun to see the MRO try and sort out the SOO ;D
It'd do his head in. ;)

Reply #4
Storm games are always fun to watch like SOO, it's because it's Vic versus NSW, the NSW fans and NSW media give Storm hell. Storm are hated by the NSW teams, as far as I can tell it's because Storm did exactly what the NSW teams have been doing for decades, but they did it better than the NSW teams.

NSW talk up Origin like it's the pinnacle of the sport, but far from it, many of the best of the best do not even get to play SOO because they are Kiwis or Islanders.

Queenslander's like Origin because they are perennially labelled underdogs and as being the weaker squad by the NSW apparatchiks, yet Qld keep handing NSW it's hat and coat on the way out the door.

Regulars here will know of my love for Storm coach Craig Bellamy, if he ever wants a break from the 24x7 of NRL, Carlton would be well advised to give him a walk up start as a director of coaching. Forget the other names floated, they are B-Grade by comparison! Bellamy often takes unknown 2nd or 3rd division talent, rejects from other clubs, and the games troubled stars, and turns them into the opposition's worst nightmare. Bellamy is expert at building a reliable base around the top end talent using players other clubs do not want!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Storm games are always fun to watch like SOO, it's because it's Vic versus NSW, the NSW fans and NSW media give Storm hell. Storm are hated by the NSW teams, as far as I can tell it's because Storm did exactly what the NSW teams have been doing for decades, but they did it better than the NSW teams.

NSW talk up Origin like it's the pinnacle of the sport, but far from it, many of the best of the best do not even get to play SOO because they are Kiwis or Islanders.

Queenslander's like Origin because they are perennially labelled underdogs and as being the weaker squad by the NSW apparatchiks, yet Qld keep handing NSW it's hat and coat on the way out the door.

Regulars here will know of my love for Storm coach Craig Bellamy, if he ever wants a break from the 24x7 of NRL, Carlton would be well advised to give him a walk up start as a director of coaching. Forget the other names floated, they are B-Grade by comparison! Bellamy often takes unknown 2nd or 3rd division talent, rejects from other clubs, and the games troubled stars, and turns them into the opposition's worst nightmare. Bellamy is expert at building a reliable base around the top end talent using players other clubs do not want!

If we appointed a rugby administrator, he would quickly become the reason we are crap and would be burned alive career wise.

Carlton is only good for one thing at the moment, and that is ruining careers.

THAT is the trend we need to continue reversing.  A bloke walks in?  He walks out a better version, not a broken version kicked to the side in preference for something else. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
If we appointed a rugby administrator, he would quickly become the reason we are crap and would be burned alive career wise.

Carlton is only good for one thing at the moment, and that is ruining careers.

THAT is the trend we need to continue reversing.  A bloke walks in?  He walks out a better version, not a broken version kicked to the side in preference for something else. 
Hence the appointment of Cook, calms the farm and puts the right things in place whilst telling the board to worry about sponsors and fending off noisy/nosey powerbrokers.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #7
Good luck bullying Bellyache, at times he makes MM look calm and considered.

But as a manager and developer of talent, Bellamy is second to none!
The Force Awakens!