Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 4394 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 20 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
I tipped us again!!

I think we are witnessing a major turning point for our club. Wonderful performance by the boys and one to raise a few doubts in Collingwood minds -  love it.  :D  :D  :D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
All aboard the Vosswagen again!  8)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #17
That's how you win a game ........ tackle hard, chase hard, pressure the opposition & attack the ball-carrier.

Fogarty's tackle on Mihocek (?) was first class.

Weitering was superb all night.

There was hardly a poor player on the field tonight.

Sadly, Marchbank made some horrible errors and whilst some will say he has been out of the game for a long time, you may not have your "touch" first up but you don't lose your experience & knowledge. His papers must be stamped now !!!

I reckon Nick Daicos will wake up in the morning very sore after tonight, he got grappled & double-teamed all night and was nothing near the contributor he has been this year - good coaching & well drilled from the players.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #18
That's how you win a game ........ tackle hard, chase hard, pressure the opposition & attack the ball-carrier.

Fogarty's tackle on Mihocek (?) was first class.

Weitering was superb all night.

There was hardly a poor player on the field tonight.
TDK was poor IMO, had multiple chances to impact the game and fluffed every chance
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #19
Sadly, Marchbank made some horrible errors and whilst some will say he has been out of the game for a long time, you may not have your "touch" first up but you don't lose your experience & knowledge. His papers must be stamped now !!!

Do you honestly believe this?

The MC deemed him worthy of getting a game, and because of a brain fade (or 2?) he will be banished from the list as a result?

TBH, if the MC are so fickle that something like that is enough to end someones career, then that is not the MC i want at our club.

Reply #20
TDK was poor IMO, had multiple chances to impact the game and fluffed every chance

Karl Langdon…
He almost takes solid/spectacular marks as a forward.
His marking last week was good.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #21

True.

Spilt some marks he should have swallowed including one on his chest.

Reply #22
Well. I didn't see that coming. Although I certainly acknowledge the shift we've witnessed in recent weeks. In fact I heard the almighty "click" q2 v Suns. We really haven't looked back.

It's a real credit to the boys and to all involved at the club. Again, our achilles heel is still the injury curse. We need to improve this to continue to progress this year IMO.

Go Blues. Tremendous win in front of almost 87k
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
Do you honestly believe this?

The MC deemed him worthy of getting a game, and because of a brain fade (or 2?) he will be banished from the list as a result?

TBH, if the MC are so fickle that something like that is enough to end someones career, then that is not the MC i want at our club.

I do believe it.

He would do one great thing and then two horrors.

It had nothing to do with being rusty, they were just really poor decisions.

Reply #24
I tipped us again!!

I think we are witnessing a major turning point for our club. Wonderful performance by the boys and one to raise a few doubts in Collingwood minds -  love it.  :D  :D  :D

Did you put a cool mill on us? 🤣
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #25

Poor ? He was simply crap and needs to be better so doe Pitto who also had a crap game.

Reply #26
Glad someone else said it.

Reckon i heard "De Koning, almost..." on quite a few occassions and that sums up his career.

I'm happy to cut him some slack as he is largely learning to play a big banana up forward, but he's just signed a new contract, he needs to start providing some decent output.

TBH, i thought Pittonet was a below his usual standard too, but walking out there wrapped up like a mummy is about what we expected. He played out of necessity. Hopefully both pull up ok because we can't afford to ride them into the ground with Jack out already.

Reply #27
I do believe it.

He would do one great thing and then two horrors.

It had nothing to do with being rusty, they were just really poor decisions.

Everyone makes poor decisions.
Cripps makes a poor decision every week when he tries to break 1 too many tackles.
Acres makes a poor decision every week when he tries to pinpoint a kick down the line and puts it in the 5th row instead.

Charlie gave him a big wrap after the game......twice....so its clear the boys are happy with him and what he provides.

Reply #28
What I found most impressive
- played 4q
- pressure didn't wane
- attitude was never say die
- tackling excellent
- ran hard both ways
- sub worked well (shame about Cez)
- played our own game
- excellent skills
- composed to the very end