Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney  (Read 9934 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Elimination Final 1 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #270
So Facebook has a feature where your memories come up on your feed.  On this day:

Carlton who finished 9th on the ladder, but got into the 8 thanks to the Drug Cheats, defeated Richmond at the MCG in 2013 in the first elimination final during that series.  We went on to play (and lose in Sydney against the Swans in week 2).

There would be an ironic symmetry if somehow Sydney (who should have finished 9th if not for an umpiring mishap in Adelaide!) were able to knock off Carlton, only to have to return next week to the MCG and face Melbourne... 

Now, that being said, I don't want it to happen, but this spooky.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #271
So Facebook has a feature where your memories come up on your feed.  On this day:

Carlton who finished 9th on the ladder, but got into the 8 thanks to the Drug Cheats, defeated Richmond at the MCG in 2013 in the first elimination final during that series.  We went on to play (and lose in Sydney against the Swans in week 2).

There would be an ironic symmetry if somehow Sydney (who should have finished 9th if not for an umpiring mishap in Adelaide!) were able to knock off Carlton, only to have to return next week to the MCG and face Melbourne... 

Yea that came up for me today too! However my take on it is how beautiful it would be to replicate that win tonight 👏🏽 let’s go blues!!!

Reply #272

Yup. Got the same memory.

The way i took it. Carlton won a final at the MCG 10 years ago. That will be repeated tonight.

Reply #273
I had the Malthouse Bradbury meme come up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #274
I'd suggest our MC has forced the Swans into selecting Melican, who hasn't played since Rnd 18.

What time do they confirm the Sub?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #275
I'd suggest our MC has forced the Swans into selecting Melican, who hasn't played since Rnd 18.

An hour before i believe

Reply #276
The last time I was this nervous about playing in a final, I don't think I had any pubic hair.......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #277
You know what pisses me off, why when they started at 7:20pm last night do we have to start at 7:50pm tonight?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #278
You know what pisses me off, why when they started at 7:20pm last night do we have to start at 7:50pm tonight?

It does seem a little pointless, but I think the rationale is partly scheduling around other TV programs, and partly because folks can sleep in tomorrow, but not on Friday morning.

Reply #279
LP School night v weekend.

Less than three hours to go - getting excited (nervously so)

Reply #280

Charlie and Harry has one goal between them last time Melican played down back and I reckon the Swans are gambling on a repeat which given the appalling weather might be on the cards and Id be getting Motlop into the starting lineup...see Bobby Hill last night.

Reply #281

We lost that game because of the pathetic turf that kept lifting.  >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #282

I missed the start last night because Adelaide are 30 minutes behind.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #283
Anyone have any suggestions on what’s the best time to get to the ground, both for ease of access and build up.
Is there much pregame entertainment aside from bars?

This’ll be my first live game in a while.
I did see last nights game but only arrived a few mins before bounce down.

Reply #284
Charlie and Harry has one goal between them last time Melican played down back and I reckon the Swans are gambling on a repeat which given the appalling weather might be on the cards and Id be getting Motlop into the starting lineup...see Bobby Hill last night.
In the sh1t conditions I think we need smarts not just ability, I'll back in the MC on the likes of Owies, Cunningham and Martin.

I reckon we'll see Walsh spend some time forward tonight as well, his best games seem to come in these conditions.
The Force Awakens!