Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG (Read 8313 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #105
Agreed, if we lose McKay and Martin we must have a marking tall come in so that Charlie isn't the soul focus.

I hope SoJ is fit and ready to go, and I hope we don't fall into the trap of thinking we can ruck him versus Gawn.

Left field, Young in and a rotation of McGovern, Kemp and Marchbank forward?

Young No.
Soj Yes.

I'd go Kennedy before Young.

Reply #106
If JSOS is fit enough I'd definitely go for him as a replacement for Harry. Don't think Martin will get off so who to come in. I would've said Motlop but he was just so terrible last week and I fear he's lost the confidence he had prior to injury. If there was an injury.
I'm leaning to Kennedy, but he's been out for so long I feel it may be a risk if both he and JSOS play. Maybe we throw Hollands in at the deep end and see what happens. To tell you the truth I'd have Hollands ahead of Owies, but that's not happening. I've also got a thing about Pittonet but can't see him getting cut. What the hell.
JSOS for H
Hollands for Martin
Pitt out Kennedy in
Owies out Fisher in
Motlop out Dow the sub

Reply #107
I'll be asleep - 3am in LA when the game starts.

I look forward to reading about our victory on the site.

Reply #108
I would be playing both ruckmen, whether Gawn is 100% or not. They offer different things and Tom, especially, cannot ruck the entire game on his own. Having a fresh ruckman to take the duty on regularly is the best way of wearing Gawn down and reducing his effectiveness.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #109
H and Martin out

SOS and Kennedy in

Whilst reasonable like for like. Both lack match fitness and may take a bit to adjust.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #110
H and Martin out

SOS and Kennedy in

Whilst reasonable like for like. Both lack match fitness and may take a bit to adjust.

2 blokes in a final lacking match fitness would worry me.

Reply #111

Me too 😬
Interesting time for MC
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #112

VFL not making finals by couple of percentage points could be our undoing.

Luckily these are two players that will just roll their sleeves up and get on with it.

Reply #113
I'll be asleep - 3am in LA when the game starts.

I look forward to reading about our victory on the site.

Happy travels, and I hope you wake to good news.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #114
I would be playing both ruckmen, whether Gawn is 100% or not. They offer different things and Tom, especially, cannot ruck the entire game on his own. Having a fresh ruckman to take the duty on regularly is the best way of wearing Gawn down and reducing his effectiveness.

Both woild have been playing even if McKay was in. Hopefully Pittonet can spend more time forward when he's not rucking.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #115
The Go Dees will be desperate and if they start how they finished against Rottingwood, lookout... be a lot more pressure than we experienced against the Fluffy Ducks in the 2nd half.

Hopefully JSOS is burning up the track at training - an obvious replacement for H.

As for the Jack M replacement? Jack not only creates unique opportunities, but his defensive game is great - neither Dow or Fisher can be relied upon in this regard. Kennedy can, but his match fitness would be a realistic concern, so possibly a good sub option. Motlop is probably the most logical replacement for Jack M.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #116
The Go Dees will be desperate and if they start how they finished against Rottingwood, lookout... be a lot more pressure than we experienced against the Fluffy Ducks in the 2nd half.

Hopefully JSOS is burning up the track at training - an obvious replacement for H.

As for the Jack M replacement? Jack not only creates unique opportunities, but his defensive game is great - neither Dow or Fisher can be relied upon in this regard. Kennedy can, but his match fitness would be a realistic concern, so possibly a good sub option. Motlop is probably the most logical replacement for Jack M.

Jack hasnt played since rnd 19, Kennedy hasn't played since rnd 17,  2/10ths of SFA difference in match fitness.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #117
Jack hasnt played since rnd 19, Kennedy hasn't played since rnd 17,  2/10ths of SFA difference in match fitness.

Only want to play one of the 2 in a final given the lack of match fitness. Definitely not both.

Reply #118
VFL not making finals by couple of percentage points could be our undoing.

Luckily these are two players that will just roll their sleeves up and get on with it.

Yes, that rotten, lazy effort on the GC by our 2nds hurt us.

Reply #119
Agreed, if we lose McKay and Martin we must have a marking tall come in so that Charlie isn't the soul focus.

I hope SoJ is fit and ready to go, and I hope we don't fall into the trap of thinking we can ruck him versus Gawn.

Left field, Young in and a rotation of McGovern, Kemp and Marchbank forward?

Not against Kemp going forward. Leave the others where they are. JSOS definitely in.