Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG (Read 8349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne at the MCG

Reply #150
Question is whether JSOS will get up.  Conflicting reports on that.  If not might have to roll the dice on Kennedy.  Don't think any of our other talls are a realistic possibility due to a variety of factors - form, fitness, lack of maturity.

Reply #151
Does anyone here know that we have never beaten Melbourne in a final!
It will be history in the making!
Sounds like something I didn't want to hear!

Reply #152
Silvagni...Sub??
Can fill multiple roles.
It's a question of readiness.
You wouldn't want an early injury and then the sub also breaking down, but it might be worth the risk.
It'd raise the roof when he came on.

Reply #153
Silvagni...Sub??
Can fill multiple roles.
For me SoJ is either in or out.

Because we have Mids who have utility, I'd still have Dow as the Sub that allows Hewett, Cerra, Doc or Walsh to be moved as required.

I also worry about Cripps injury, if we lost him early Dow would be the right Sub option.

Interestingly, I see the Melbourne Mids as very similar to our own, not overly quick but a powerful group, to me Dow has shown he has the strength to go head to head with this type, it's the faster Midfields that expose him a bit.

The last couple of times we've played Melbourne our lot have got under the skin of the opposition. Melbourne didn't like not having it their own way and the Melbourne midfield gave away some stupid 50s, I can see this happening against.

If we have a weakness against them it's been their small / medium forwards, but no Melksham makes a difference. In the past Melksham's been the one doing the sly off the ball stuff that let the others mark uncontested.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #154
Vossy's presser suggests that, while Jack Silvagni is fit, he does not have the required match fitness.

Chugga has had an extra couple of weeks and it seems like he will be one of the ins.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #155
Vossy's presser suggests that, while Jack Silvagni is fit, he does not have the required match fitness.

Chugga has had an extra couple of weeks and it seems like he will be one of the ins.
Well even if I am a little disappointed I'm not surprised, when SoJ did his injury we heard rumors it would be with him for the remainder of 2023 as it needs off-season attention of some sort. Fwiw, we've heard similar rumours about Pitto, TDK and now even Gawn rumoured to be carrying a re-occurrence of his toe issues.

But by choice if an option is available you can't go into finals with the unfit option, it burns you every single time!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #156

1962 we did.

Reply #157
This very week there is restored VFL footage of Barrassi leading us to a final's victory against his old side.

When we play Melbourne we are competing against about 3 other clubs, because they all want a chance to bridge the gap on the Premiership table. There will be many barracking against us, which is why Carlton people need to roll up in numbers and be overtly loud.

No more dreaded silence people, lift the team with your voice, when the players appear to doubt become their confidence with your voice.

The voice of the fans can be the difference, stronger together!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #158
I have bad memories of 2000 and 1994.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #160
We stank that afternoon in 2004, bitterly disappointing. Stuffed around with the ball across half forward all day and still lost.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #161
Well even if I am a little disappointed I'm not surprised, when SoJ did his injury we heard rumors it would be with him for the remainder of 2023 as it needs off-season attention of some sort. Fwiw, we've heard similar rumours about Pitto, TDK and now even Gawn rumoured to be carrying a re-occurrence of his toe issues.

But by choice if an option is available you can't go into finals with the unfit option, it burns you every single time!

Yes, you might get away with a player carrying an injury or going in underdone during the home and away season, but rarely in finals.

We know that Chugga has been playing in our match simulations from his clash with Pitto so he must be good to go.

Apparently Jack’s knee is fine but he hasn’t had enough work.

I think that our fringe players had a practice match against Melbourne’s VFL team, or am I imagining that?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #162
Fans are rightly focussed on who is coming in, but often when you are in finals the real valuable info is who isn't in serious consideration at all, for me that is a tell for the coming trade period.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #163
Those who enjoyed the bias Blues Radio clip last week you can listen to the game on Blue Radio, Friday night on the SEN App. It will be just as biased...haha,

Reply #164
Those who enjoyed the bias Blues Radio clip last week you can listen to the game on Blue Radio, Friday night on the SEN App. It will be just as biased...haha,

and for anyone who wants Melbourne bias just watch channel 7.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!