Skip to main content
Topic: Third Ashes Test (WACA) - The Decider ?? (Read 45755 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Third Ashes Test (WACA) - The Decider ??

Reply #60
The remarkable thing about this series win is that it's been done by a team not stacked with superstars.

Clarke is an established player warranting superstar status.

Warner is a gun finding his way.
Rogers is yet to cement a spot
Watson is Hit and Miss, more miss.
Smith isn't a lock in player.
Bailey is yet to stake a true claim.
Haddin has defied critics at 36
Johnson is the hero of the moment with a fractured past.
Siddle is a soldier of consistency
Harris is a hard worker who has staked his claim.
Lyon is cannon fodder who has answered his critics.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #61
The remarkable thing about this series win is that it's been done by a team not stacked with superstars.

Harris is a hard worker who has staked his claim. Maybe just a little better than that.... Have you looked at his average and strike rate? Ave 22.46 - S/R 47.43 - They are elite figures

Reply #62
Harris is a gun... enjoy what he can contribute before his knee packs it in.

Reply #63

Harris is a skillful bowler and a bit better than just a hard worker...only time I have seen him bowl poorly is when he over does the short stuff but thats rare as he is always on or outside off and getting a little movement. He is a better bowler than Johnson who relies on brute pace only to intimidate batsman but as Stokes showed if you play straight get behind the ball then he gets frustrated and starts bowling short too much. I view Harris as the leader of the attack not Johnson......

Reply #64

...and doesn't it amplify the importance of a good coach. That pr1ck from Seeth Ifreeca should had back his salary. Noticed one of the players having a dig with a comment along the line that since Boof/Shrek had taken over 'we're now playing the Aussie way...'
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #65
As I said in many earlier posts the series in England wasn't that important, more a build up for this one. The current series is the only one that counted. It was the series here where the winner got to hold the Ashes for 4 years nor 4 months.

Reply #67
Just to clarify, I did say that Harris has staked his claim. This was a reference to those pushing for selection behind him, including Cummins, Pattinson, Bird, Faulkner, Starc and Hazelwood. IMO he's not a superstar yet but continues to tick the boxes.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #68
Just to clarify, I did say that Harris has staked his claim. This was a reference to those pushing for selection behind him, including Cummins, Pattinson, Bird, Faulkner, Starc and Hazelwood. IMO he's not a superstar yet but continues to tick the boxes.

We hear you buddy. We hear you loud and clear. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #69

We hear you buddy. We hear you loud and clear. ;)

Thank you Mants. :)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #71
As I said in many earlier posts the series in England wasn't that important, more a build up for this one. The current series is the only one that counted. It was the series here where the winner got to hold the Ashes for 4 years nor 4 months.

Year and a half actually, but still longer than the Poms got to hold it for.

Reply #72
Tell you what the tour to South Africa is going to be some sort of measure. They'll be damned hard to beat at home.

We've played well this series but the next two tests will be much tougher now as England have nothing really to lose and are playing for pride. In many ways the pressure if off so I expect Cook to get runs in either Melbourne or Sydney and probably they'll snag one back from us. Do they go with Monty and Swann in Sydney, roll the dice in Melbourne and play young Stokes as a fourth seamer and then have two spinner there. If they can dismiss Australia for under 300 then they're in the match and with six bowlers could put enough runs on the board still to win a close one.

Their possible six would be:
1. Anderson
2. Broad (if fit)
3. Bresnan
4. Stokes
5. Swann
6. Panesar

I think the next two tests will be tough grinding test cricket.

Reply #73
Love the Calls for Khawaja over Watson.

One plays dumb shots but looks at home at international cricket. The other struggles to get runs domestically and looks out of his depth on the Test Arena.

Unfortunately, the next batsmen of note is Phil Hughes, who was unlucky to be dropped and the only one peeling off consistent runs.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #74
I'd have Cowan ahead of Rogers and Khawaja ahead of Watson or Bailey.
IN WADA WE TRUST